Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Identifying a German officers signature ? - 1941

Article about: Hello, I am trying for a long long time to find out who signed this page. The holder of the passport was a well known actor who flew to Rovno to sing and perform in front of the German force

Default Identifying a German officers signature ? - 1941

Hello,

I am trying for a long long time to find out who signed this page.
    The holder of the passport was a well known actor who flew to Rovno to sing and perform in front of the German forces.
    During that time, the Einsatzkommando massacred the community's Jewish population...

Any ideas if this was a high official in the army or the SS?

The applied hand stamps are for 'Dienstelle feldpostnummer 13199' & 'Wehrmacht Befehlshaber Ukraine'.

Thanks,
    Neil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a German officers signature ? - 1941  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying a German officers signature ? - 1941
    P
    Many

I would be surprised if it is the signature of any 'major' personality. It is probably just an admin official.
    The FpNr is for...
    Wehrmacht-Befehlshaber Ukraine und Kommandeur des Heeresstreifendienstes beim Wehrmacht-Befehlshaber Ukraine, dann Wehrmacht-Befehlshaber Ukraine und Kommandeur des Heeresstreifendienstes beim Wehrmacht-Befehlshaber Ukraine und Kommandeur des Heeresstreifendienstes für Reiseverkehr Ukraine (= H).

Well, I would think being a well known actor at the time would be more likely to meet some of the high officials...I added another page here, other units and signatures...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a German officers signature ? - 1941  

Quote by huddyhuddy View Post
    Well, I would think being a well known actor at the time would be more likely to meet some of the high officials...I added another page here, other units and signatures...
    Unfortunately, 'high' doesn't always equate to well known. The first one is an Oberleutnant (looks like Hildebrand) so details on him may be very scant.
    The second one to a Major looks familiar but I can't place it at the moment. Both are to VIII Fliegerkorps.

Very true indeed.
    Tnx

The VIII Fliegerkorps Major's signature might be that of Fritz Legel who is listed as serving in Stab/VIII Fliegerkorps in early 1942. That signature might date from early(ish) 1941 but it is possible that he was there then. Don't think he was anyone of note and seems to of been one of those officers very much in the background.

Thanks 8)

I presume he went to perform in front of the soldiers that just committed the Rovno massacre, moral booster; to big of a chance to be a coincidence.
    I presume the signing was done by a member of the SS or Eisatzgruppen? but that would only be a guess...

Quote by huddyhuddy View Post
    I presume he went to perform in front of the soldiers that just committed the Rovno massacre, moral booster; to big of a chance to be a coincidence.
    I presume the signing was done by a member of the SS or Eisatzgruppen? but that would only be a guess...
    While the reasoning for the performance could be possible I would assume that the actual signing would of been done shortly after arriving by a processing clerk in an office somewhere rather than by a member of the Einsatzgruppen. Considering there is no rank written near the signature means it could of even been a civilian who made the entry, someone whose job it was to process the passports of all those arriving in/leaving the region and possibly many miles from the actual area he was travelling to. After all, when you enter a country your passport is processed at the point of arrival, not when you finally arrive at your destination.

Sounds very logical indeed.
    Thanks for the detailed reply.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast