Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

identifying a signature...Amon Göth?

Article about: The SS operated an office for supervising on Jewish emigration out of Austria headed by Adolf Eichmann from the end of 1938, so we can find issued passports with some SS personnel as the iss

Default identifying a signature...Amon Göth?

The SS operated an office for supervising on Jewish emigration out of Austria headed by Adolf Eichmann from the end of 1938, so we can find issued passports with some SS personnel as the issuing officials though masked nicely with police stamps.
    On-line information states Amon Göth returned to Vienna in 1938, but does not state at what capacity...so I am curious to know if the Amon that appears in this 1939 passport is the same Amon Göth? I added two sampled signatures from him that I located on-line, but I am not a handwriting expert...any ideas or comments?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture identifying a signature...Amon Göth?   identifying a signature...Amon Göth?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement identifying a signature...Amon Göth?
    P
    Many

Quote by huddyhuddy View Post
    I am curious to know if the Amon that appears in this 1939 passport is the same Amon Göth?
    Of course not. Why should he sign an official document with his first name?

(Also, the handwriting is different.)

Thank you! much help here for me indeed!

His Mug shot photo in 1945 after his capture shows his black hair ...a far cry from glasses with white hair.

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    His Mug shot photo in 1945 after his capture shows his black hair ...a far cry from glasses with white hair.
    Err... Nobody said Göth was in the photograph of the passport holder; the subject was the signature of the official who signed it at the bottom of the page.

Hello simply a quick observation. The spellings of the last name are completely different. GOTH-GOETH. Best regards.

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Hello simply a quick observation. The spellings of the last name are completely different. GOTH-GOETH. Best regards.
    That's because the Polish police- or prison officials who took this mugshot surely didn't have umlauts in their letter case.

If umlauts are unavailable for technical reasons, they can be substituted by the basic vowel plus an "e": ä = ae, ö = oe, ü = ue.

Thanks for explaining that HPL. That's excellent information for a person unfamiliar with the intricacies of the language! Best regards.

Brian

I Am impressed ! Members here are quite sharp. Thanks for that info HPL2008

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Err... Nobody said Göth was in the photograph of the passport holder; the subject was the signature of the official who signed it at the bottom of the page.
    Small world that the man known as a monster with that name can cause confusion in identity. Incredible !

My apologies that I thought there was one person with this name.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill