Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Info on Abwehr agents

Article about: Hi, During our times, is there a list of Abwehr agents dating from 1933 to 1944? Can one search an existing site or list for an individual one suspects him to be an agent? Tnx, Neil

Default Info on Abwehr agents

Hi,

During our times, is there a list of Abwehr agents dating from 1933 to 1944?
    Can one search an existing site or list for an individual one suspects him to be an agent?

Tnx,
    Neil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info on Abwehr agents
    P
    Many

?

Not that I am aware of.

Pity...
    I suspect a holder of a German passport being an agent, dating from 1938 to 1941 and list as a trader/merchant, he travelled to:

Palestine, Greece, Albania, Italy, Cyprus, Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Egypt, Poland, USSR...

Neil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info on Abwehr agents   Info on Abwehr agents  

Default added kore images of the 2 passports...

Maybe one can recognize his face?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info on Abwehr agents   Info on Abwehr agents  

Info on Abwehr agents   Info on Abwehr agents  

Info on Abwehr agents  

?

Can you expatiate on your theory of this man's involvement in the Abwehr?

Semper Fi
    Phil

No, this is only a guess.
    He could be a regular John Doe or some sort of agent gathering or sending information.
    I just find it odd that he traveled to so many countries before the war and during the war...

His occupation is given as Kaufmann [meaning merchant, trader, businessman etc.]. These may well have been business trips related to import/export matters.

Indeed, could be so...
    Still, is there a list of past agents prepared by the allies or historians?
    Tnx

As far as I know there isn't such a list although you could always contact the various archives and ask, but considering that such professionals could of been recruited by the Allies after the war such a file could well still be classified and not cleared for release into the public domain.

And while I believe his movements were related to his job as a trader/businessman if he was an agent the chances are that he would of travelled under a false name so the name in the passport wouldn't be on any such list anyway as it wouldn't be his real one.

Very logical.
    Tnx for the insight.