Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Information on Hitzke

Article about: Found this a few weeks back and contacted my friend in Vienna and was told that there is no record of him there. There maybe some information in Germany but should also be information in the

Default Information on Hitzke

Found this a few weeks back and contacted my friend in Vienna and was told that there is no record of him there. There maybe some information in Germany but should also be information in the U.S. Army but not sure how to proceed. Interesting set of photos and information. Any direction to head is appreciated. Thanks
    Information on Hitzke

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Information on Hitzke
    P
    Many

Still no information on this guy? - hucks216 can you help?

I can not find anything about him. If he was just a regular soldier, as it looks like, the chances of finding anything is slim without more details such as a date of birth and even then it will still be a needle in a haystack. I can not find anything about him in the German records on Ancestry.

I suggest that you contact the U.S. National Archives at National Archives | and ask what Record Group number (RG) would have the information you want. Give them as much information as you have, quoting verbatim the caption under the right-hand photo and the large caption under the EK. Also, be sure to spell-out exactly what sort of information you need. It might take a while to get an answer because they are still locked down. While you are waiting, use their internal search to to see if you can locate the RG yourself and take it from there. You might have to pester them a bit, they are notoriously slow, but I am sure that they have what you want. Good luck and the Best, Dwight

?

At the bottom of the display. The second line from the bottom says suspected SS, SD, Gestapo. And he worked for US intelligence after the war. Quite the linguist.
    Could he be one of the Operation Paperclip folks and No trace of him exist? A Spook....
    Just a Thought.

Semper Fi
    Phil

He wasn't SD etc, those were the men he was used to interpret when they were interviewed. By the looks of it he was used as a translator. I don't think there is any secret life involved.