Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting Document - Escaped after war? SS-Polizei-Gebirgsjäger

Article about: This is a very interesting document and I have not completed my research, BUT, If anyone has any lines of research or interest in Nazis who escaped after the war please feel free to email or

Tristan
    ?

Default Interesting Document - Escaped after war? SS-Polizei-Gebirgsjäger

This is a very interesting document and I have not completed my research, BUT, If anyone has any lines of research or interest in Nazis who escaped after the war please feel free to email or comment.

I know many escaped after the war, but I find it interesting how I CANNOT find much about this "Alois Pfeiffer" prior to the 1950's... except the shooting competition which he won in 1946 (and the only reason i find that was searching "pfeiffer, alois"

Bezirksschützenbund Kufstein Rundenwettkämpfe Seite: 4
    LUFTGEWEHR 11/2012
    Beste Einzelergebnisse/Runde 4

Schütze Jahrgang Gilde Ringe
    Bezirkssportleiter: Walter Patka Rundenwettkämpfe Luftgewehr

38.) Mayrhofer Andreas 1976 Angerberg 356
    38.) Pfeiffer Alois 1946 Ebbs 356

My wild guess - Alois Pfeiffer, married to Maria Pfeiffer, escaped after the war, back to his hometown of Ebbs (small town), won a shooting competition in 1946 where "Alois Pfeiffer" still is listed as winning. Then he became a Director/President over European Commission of Agriculture, Economic Affairs, etc. until his death in 1987.

With the history of this Police regiment... I just think the whole scenario is pretty crazy, to live a life and no one knew who Alois Pfeiffer really was, or maybe some did..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Document - Escaped after war?  SS-Polizei-Gebirgsjäger   Interesting Document - Escaped after war?  SS-Polizei-Gebirgsjäger  

2. # ADS

What is the history of this police regiment?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

What makes you think this is the same man?

Alois Pfeiffer, the union leader and EU official was born in Bauerbach (county Marburg, state of Hesse, Germany) in 1924 and worked in forestry/silviculture from 1938 to 1949, with interruptions through military service and time as a POW from 1942 to 1945 and attending the labor academy at Frankfurt (state of Hesse, Germany) from 1948 to 1949.
    He joined the GGLF union in 1946 and quickly held several offices in this union, for example as a youth secretary at Marburg (state of Hesse, Germany) and, from 1949, as the district under-secretary at Darmstadt (state of Hesse, Germany).

Ebbs, on the other hand, is a municipality in the Kufstein district, state of Tyrol, Austria.

Deutsche Biographie

Tristan
    ?

By order of Reichsführer-SS, Heinrich Himmler, the Regiment was renamed to SS-Police Gebirgsjäger Regiment 18. This regiment was treaded and became well known because they committed war crimes against the Jewsish population in Athens and Crete. The regiment fought against Partisans and the Commander of the SS mountain trooper Regiment 18 ordered to execute 50 Greeks for each killed German soldier. Some German websites wrote that this Regiment was responsible for the final solution of the Jewish Greeks.

SS-Polizei-Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 18 was formed on May 23 1942 1942 in Garmisch-Partenkirchen (Bavaria) from 302. Polizei-Gebirgsjäger-Bataillon (Munich), 312. Polizei-Gebirgsjäger-Bataillon (Innsbruck) and 325. Polizei-Gebirgsjäger-Bataillon. Of the 38 Polizei Regiments, the 18th was the only one to bear the designation Gebirgsjäger. Pictures of their vehicles show an eidelweiss (symbol of German mountain troops) on the right front fender. In recognition of their mountain troop status, members of SS-Polizei-Gebirgsjäger-Regiment-18 were the only Police regiment allowed to wear an edelweiss badge on their lower left sleeve. In February 1943 all Polizei-Regimenter had "SS" prefixed to their titles resulting in the name SS-Polizei-Regiment.

It was sent to Slovenia to fight the partisans. It was sent to Finland in December 1942 and was stationed at Oulo in January 1943 where it was attached to XVIII. Gebirgs-Armeekorps. It fought in Finland until July when it was sent to Danzig.

It was transfered to Greece in August 1943 where it took part in anti-partisan operations until the Germans withdrew from Greece and later through Yugoslavia.

Order of battle

I/SS-Polizei-Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 18

II/SS-Polizei-Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 18

III/SS-Polizei-Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 18

Kavallerie Abteilung

Nachrichten Kompanie

Gebirgs-Artillerie-Abteilung

1. Artillerie-Batterie

2. Artillerie-Batterie

3. Artillerie-Batterie

Tristan
    ?

Thank you so much for your comment HPL, I did find the same information you did as well, the issue I was having was their are still gaps in the timelines that his biography states, such as "interruptions through military service and time as a POW from 42-45. These dates are rough, and I cannot find anything specific. Maria Pfeiffer, his wife, was from Ebbs as well I do believe, coincidence? Do you know much about Maria?

Tristan
    ?

The second detail, he obviously made it back home in 1946, but where did he go after that? Ebbs is such a small town and at that time only had a population of 1,000 or so... there should be some documentation on the Pfeiffers following 1946 in Ebbs, but there is not, he disappears.

Thanks for the unit history..much appreciated
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Again, why do you assume this is the same man? Pfeiffer is a common surname and Alois is not unusual either.

The "well-known" Pfeiffer was from Hesse/Germany, where we was born, raised, trained and where he worked (both pre- and post war). We know that he was back in Germany by 1946, when he joined a German union and the available biographical data firmly places him at Hesse by 1948 at the very latest.

Why would he be participating in a local BB gun tournament held in an Austrian village in 1946?

Edit: Forget the above. I had a look at the document you where referencing [ http://sg-angerberg.at/files/2012-7.runde-einzel.pdf ].

What it really lists is an Alois Pfeiffer, who was born in 1946 and participated in a BB gun tournament in 2012.

The data from the document translates as:

Contestant in the 33rd place / name Alois Pfeiffer / born in 1946 / member of Ebbs shooting club / score 365 rings

So, Alois Pfeiffer the union man, Alois Pfeiffer the mountain policeman and Alois Pfeiffer the BB gun shooter are three different men.

(It is possible that the latter two are related, though, maybe even father and son, but we do not know that)