Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Interesting early NSDAP political and SS photo album

Article about: by jimm Great info - The picture of Hennicke in the first link above must have been taken from the photo in that very Album then? unless there are further prints of the same picture?. I woul

Default Interesting early NSDAP political and SS photo album

Hi guys,

I have been offered this photo album which contains 88 pictures for 495 euro...

I have absolutely no experience with photo albums and picture groups but there looks to be some great pictures.

Including a nice portrait of a SS man with golden party badge and of course the Fuhrer himself!

What do you think of this lot?

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting early NSDAP political and SS photo album   Interesting early NSDAP political and SS photo album  

Interesting early NSDAP political and SS photo album   Interesting early NSDAP political and SS photo album  

Interesting early NSDAP political and SS photo album   Interesting early NSDAP political and SS photo album  

Interesting early NSDAP political and SS photo album  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting early NSDAP political and SS photo album
    P
    Many

If the photo's are unique originals and not commercially produced Third Reich photo's I say go for it. The pics of Der Fuhrer with the SS are worth it IMO. But I say this as an interested collector and not as an experienced dealer.

I'd be very cautious buying into something like this.
    It would have to have decent provenance.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Has anyone ever created a photographic Third Reich collectors database? Is it possible for a moderator to create one through Flickr? It would be a great and free resource tool and all the photo's uploaded would be voluntary without commercial benefit.

I am unsure what provenance, if any, is attributed to these pictures.

I will also see if there are any loose ones so the backs can be photographed as this may be able to help with authentication.

It can be a minefield with pictures!

Thank you, Glen.

?

If you look at the pictures closely you can see rectangles in the corners of virtually every picture , i would be dubious of this if i were to be purchasing such an item. Or at least want to know why they are there.

I am unsure what you mean.

I can see small triangles on some of the corners of the pictures but they are picture hooks used to affix the pictures.

Thank you, Glen.

?

Apologies Glen , i never realised that this is the way they are affixed to the album , i thought it my be a printing flaw or something similar. I am not a picture expert so sadly cannot comment further. Caution is the key here though , there is a good thread on this forum in regards to reproduction photographs here it is https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...graphs-154916/ , it would be best to read this and get more advice first before making any rash decisions.

Personally, I'd say it looks good; but I am not a photo collector and not qualified to speak with any authority here.

What I can tell you is that the haggard-looking SS officer with the Golden Party Badge (the album's original owner?) is Paul Hennicke. These photographs were taken during his time as the commander of SS-Abschnitt XXVII.

See:
    Paul Hennicke
    Paul Hennicke

?

Great info - The picture of Hennicke in the first link above must have been taken from the photo in that very Album then as it is identical? unless there are further prints of the same picture?. I would have thought that these album photos would have been one off snaps?. I can see a triangle holder mark once again on the top right of the linked picture. I personally would still be unsure of the pictures at this stage. A look at the back of the photos would help just to see if there are any stamps that replicate any on the fake photo thread.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast