Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Interesting early NSDAP political and SS photo album

Article about: by jimm Great info - The picture of Hennicke in the first link above must have been taken from the photo in that very Album then? unless there are further prints of the same picture?. I woul

Quote by jimm View Post
    Great info - The picture of Hennicke in the first link above must have been taken from the photo in that very Album then? unless there are further prints of the same picture?. I would have thought that these album photos would have been one off snaps?. I can see a triangle holder mark once again on the top right of the linked picture. I would still be unsure at this stage.
    I remember having seen this album for sale on a dealer's website quite a while back. (Sorry, I don't recall which dealer and when exactly.) The photo on the Polish website may well have been saved from the web from that offering.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 05-17-2014 at 09:18 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting early NSDAP political and SS photo album
    P
    Many

Thank you very much for this additional information.

Do you re-call how much the asking price for this item on the site.

I have been told that I can have it for 400 euro which seems a bit too cheap...

Thank you, Glen.

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    Do you re-call how much the asking price for this item on the site.
    Sorry, no.

I am still dubious if the seller actually owns this item.

I have asked for additional pictures and a picture of the album with today's newspaper.

If I do not get the photos I will sadly have to walk.

Thank you, Glen.

I have seen these before. They are very nice. I would say from experience, that the handwriting is of the epoch, which is not so easily faked.
    The marks on the corners appear to be from acidification from the thingies holding the pictures in the album. I cannot explain that, but the handwriting is
    above the bar.
    These are interesting images to be sure, as one who collects black uniforms.
    I would also reflect that I am out of my depth, if the issue is a cunningly made fake SS folio, which others have likely seen.
    In my time, these things were not faked, but today is not my time, plainly.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I remember having seen this album for sale on a dealer's website quite a while back. (Sorry, I don't recall which dealer and when exaxtly.) The photo on the Polish website may well have been saved from the web from that offering.
    I do, too, maybe it was Jenkins or one of the usual sources.

Hi Glen

I collect photo albums but not ss ones so can only speak from how the album looks based on these pictures.............the cover looks ok as do the actual pages of the album.....the writing for the captions, as FB had mentioned, is of the period. photographs on the other hand can only be judged once you have them in your hands. They look on the face of it ok and the album seems well put together ................but if you are not sure of the source and the deals looks dodgy be careful !

cheers

Tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi Glen

I collect photo albums but not ss ones so can only speak from how the album looks based on these pictures.............the cover looks ok as do the actual pages of the album.....the writing for the captions, as FB had mentioned, is of the period. photographs on the other hand can only be judged once you have them in your hands. They look on the face of it ok and the album seems well put together ................but if you are not sure of the source and the deals looks dodgy be careful !

cheers

Tony
    Thanks. The handwriting piece is key, since persons of our era lack the very rigorous training that was the norm and standard in the early 20th century.

I can write Sutterlin, but I never had good penmanship, whereas in the epoch, penmanship was an important criterion of training, education and social rank.

Interesting early NSDAP political and SS photo albumHere is an example of lousy handwriting of the era, but on a set of orders versus a photograph album.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast