Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting employee group photo at a Third Reich era slaughterhouse(?)

Article about: Very sorry I offended others with my previous posting. I was being very insensitive when I made the title for that posting without meaning to be so. This is a photo I've added to my collecti

Default Interesting employee group photo at a Third Reich era slaughterhouse(?)

Very sorry I offended others with my previous posting. I was being very insensitive when I made the title for that posting without meaning to be so. This is a photo I've added to my collection and I thought it to be interesting. Group photo of men and women I believe to be at a slaughterhouse. The men are mostly covered in blood and wearing their cutting knives. The gentleman in the middle is wearing a Third Reich cap(What group?)
    Interesting employee group photo at a Third Reich era slaughterhouse(?)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting employee group photo at a Third Reich era slaughterhouse(?)
    P
    Many

Maybe wearing a veterans organization visor. Looks like he may be the center of attention, holding a document and the two ladies flanking him seem happy for him.....a hell of a lot happier than he looks! Maybe he just received his faithful service cross.

Lol...yes, he does look grumpy!

What is your central focus of collecting Yarmouth? I have been following your threads..and none of which seems to lay in one particular point of interest?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    What is your central focus of collecting Yarmouth? I have been following your threads..and none of which seems to lay in one particular point of interest?
    My focus so far has been photography although I did collect Third Reich artifacts years ago until I gave up the interest because of massive commercial fakery on the part of dealers and I am not skilled enough to tell the difference between genuine and a repro. I love photo's because they are amazing windows in time and put the artifacts that most members on here collect into perspective.

In my opinion the guy is wearing the visored cap as his function for a municipal authority
    (Gemeindebeamte)! Such visored caps were also worn by those assigned to tramways,
    or as gas- or meter reader. They all were paid by the municipality!

Maybe the slaughterhouse was a public, municipal slaughterhouse/abattoir.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    In my opinion the guy is wearing the visored cap as his function for a municipal authority
    (Gemeindebeamte)! Such visored caps were also worn by those assigned to tramways,
    or as gas- or meter reader. They all were paid by the municipality!

Maybe the slaughterhouse was a public, municipal slaughterhouse/abattoir.
    That is possible.

In days past, many municipal slaughterhouses were established; this was partially necessitated by the need to guarantee hygiene-, health- and safety standards often lacking with privately-run slaugherhouses or in the case of slaughtering conducted by individual farmers and butchers.

On the other hand, with his grumpy look, the documents under his arm and the clean coat... Perhaps he is a public health inspector?

Perhaps it was his retirement day? The lady on his left does appear to be saying "cheer up you old git", or words to that effect.

they look a right load of bloody butchers. lol