Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

An Interesting Image.

Article about: I was looking at a thread begun by our own FB concerning peaked caps for sale on the interwebs. He made reference to a web page and it sufficiently piqued my interest that I went to the page

Default An Interesting Image.

I was looking at a thread begun by our own FB concerning peaked caps for sale on the interwebs. He made reference to a web page and it sufficiently piqued my interest that I went to the page for a look around. While perusing the items offered for sale, I came across the following image, which is one that I have been looking for across the web.
    Here are the sellers' images of the photo;

**UPDATED IMAGES BELOW**

The reason I have been looking for an image just like this is that it clearly shows the lion head sword with what appears to be a cavalry design being held by a young man in the service of the infant TR era Wehrmacht. I like that it shows his transitional insignia, as stated by the seller, and the new breast eagle and peaked cap insignia.
    They estimated the date of the photo to be 1935.
    Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by carpediem; 06-15-2018 at 08:34 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An Interesting Image.
    P
    Many

One of my favorite photos in my collection with a lion head sword.
    Infantrie sturmabzeichen, Verwundetabzeichen in Schwarz, Ostmedaille ribbon, and what looks to be at least a third grade Schützenschnur.
    He just has an air of confidence about him.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Interesting Image.  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    One of my favorite photos in my collection with a lion head sword.
    Infantrie sturmabzeichen, Verwundetabzeichen in Schwarz, Ostmedaille ribbon, and what looks to be at least a third grade Schützenschnur.
    He just has an air of confidence about him.
    Ralph.
    I like the wear shown on his scabbard! That thing looks to have taken quite a beating!

I have been trying to see what branch is depicted on his langet. Luckily it is a fairly clear image. Does anyone have an idea what his rank is? I couldn't find that combination. Also, comments are welcome as to what branch is pictured. I also added an image of the early TR breast eagle.
    An Interesting Image.
    An Interesting Image.
    An Interesting Image.
    An Interesting Image.
    An Interesting Image.
    An Interesting Image.

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Does anyone have an idea what his rank is? I couldn't find that combination.
    He's a Feldwebel. (I'm not sure what you mean by "combination". If it refers to the sleeve badges: Those are marksmanship awards that have nothing to do with rank.)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    He's a Feldwebel. (I'm not sure what you mean by "combination". If it refers to the sleeve badges: Those are marksmanship awards.)
    I thought they were rank designations. Thanks Andreas! Any guess as to the langet design?

Sorry, no.