Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting photo of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising

Article about: Hello. Today I'd like to share a picture I found on Wikipedia about the warsaw uprising. Lovely uniforms and the detail is great, but I saw the weapon the soldier on the right is using next

?

Default Interesting photo of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising

Hello.

Today I'd like to share a picture I found on Wikipedia about the warsaw uprising.
    Lovely uniforms and the detail is great, but I saw the weapon the soldier on the right is using next to the car.
    Would I be right in saying that looks like a Sten gun?

Interesting photo of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising

-Bas

Edit: Now that I look at it once more, is the soldier on the background, left, using a Thompson with the big magazine?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting photo of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising
    P
    Many

The guy on the right is holding what looks like an MP28!...

?

Bas

Edit: Now that I look at it once more, is the soldier on the background, left, using a Thompson with the big magazine?[/QUOTE].

Not sure it's a Thompson but definitely has a drum magazine.

The gun with the drum mag looks like a Suomi KP/-31!...

?

Yes ! That looks spot on. Well done that man.

A famous and much-published photo.

The SS General with the goggles round his neck is Jürgen Stroop. The man with the submachine gun on the far right is Josef Blösche, who is also seen in another (in)famous photograph (the one with the boy with raised hands in the foreground).

The scene in the photo seen above was even recreated in Roman Polanski's film The Pianist, by the way.

?

Thank you guys for the info,

HPL, thanks for the movie suggestion

-Bas

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A famous and much-published photo.

The SS General with the goggles round his neck is Jürgen Stroop. The man with the submachine gun on the far right is Josef Blösche, who is also seen in another (in)famous photograph (the one with the boy with raised hands in the foreground).

The scene in the photo seen above was even recreated in Roman Polanski's film The Pianist, by the way.
    Thanks for the info Andreas!...

The incredibly arrogant and apparently insane Jürgen Stroop lived on after the war's end a long seven years more than he deserved. He was finally hanged in Poland on March 6, 1952 and went to his death with his usual demented sneering he had always had....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The incredibly arrogant and apparently insane Jürgen Stroop lived on after the war's end a long seven years more than he deserved. He was finally hanged in Poland on March 6, 1952 and went to his death with his usual demented sneering he had always had....
    A raving psychopath who was too cowardly to use the cyanide when captured!...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast