Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Items obtained from estate of an SS officer

Article about: Hello, New to this site. I have recently obtained a grouping of items that came from a former SS officer. I will post photos, but first item appears to be the label from a Zyklon B canister.

Admission Ticket? >_<

Truly the faker gets this award on 2 counts.
    1. Being Uneducated
    2. Being Insensitive and trying to benefit on the Holocaust.

Items obtained from estate of an SS officer
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Items obtained from estate of an SS officer
    P
    Many

Guys,

Thanks for making me feel like an idiot... The story with these items is that my neighbors mother, who is in her 90's, is heading to hospice and I helped clean out her house. Her brother served in the war and died years back and received this box from him. Her recollection of what her brother told her about the items was what I posted. I figured for $30, couldn't really go wrong...

And just an update, those red stamps in the photo (Eisen 1000kg), those are worth a pretty penny. I just sold them to a stamp dealer for $1,500. So, now up $1,510 on this idiotic purchase. Odd that some items in this box were complete BS while others are legit.

sometimes you can be lucky

10 Ration Stamps are worth $1,500?? Uhh...Oooooo-key....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by alewis1984 View Post
    Guys,

Thanks for making me feel like an idiot... The story with these items is that my neighbors mother, who is in her 90's, is heading to hospice and I helped clean out her house. Her brother served in the war and died years back and received this box from him. Her recollection of what her brother told her about the items was what I posted. I figured for $30, couldn't really go wrong...

And just an update, those red stamps in the photo (Eisen 1000kg), those are worth a pretty penny. I just sold them to a stamp dealer for $1,500. So, now up $1,510 on this idiotic purchase. Odd that some items in this box were complete BS while others are legit.
    Well bro, you copped flack because of the way you presented your find - as if it were ALL legit. You were told what wasn't without pulling any punches & the appraisals were free!!
    Good on you for the windfalls you did have within the grouping but there's no need to be sarcastic.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

There's clearly no need for our collective expertise to be of help here. "We know nothing"! Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images Items obtained from estate of an SS officer 

I trust you shared some of your $1500 with the poor old lady?

?

I remember a scene in the movie Amen from 2002 where the protagonist, Kurt Gerstein, looks through the peephole of a gaschamber and another SS officer told him that including him there were only 11 people that had seen that. To the people who have seen the movie and know the look on the faces of the SS officers I think that'd be more of a reaction they have other than ''Lets take the label off of this Zyklon B canister to show my kids''.

Regards,
    Bas

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    There's clearly no need for our collective expertise to be of help here. "We know nothing"! Leon.
    RIP Andrew Sachs! Manuel lives on in our memories!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2