Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jersey Identity Card from the German Occupation.

Article about: As a collector of Jersey identity cards from the German Occupation of the Island it really saddens me to see the attached card. It has turned up for sale by auction and although its a 100% o

Default Jersey Identity Card from the German Occupation.

As a collector of Jersey identity cards from the German Occupation of the Island it really saddens me to see the attached card. It has turned up for sale by auction and although its a 100% original card at sometime in the past some complete idiot has added a really bad eagle and swastika stamp to it. Jersey identity cards were never stamped by the Germans so this one really stands out. Such a shame an honest item has been in my opinion ruined. I am sure this is not the first nor the last original item which has extra"bling" added to it to increase its value..... unfortunately for me it has devalued it to the point of not being worth collecting.
    Just thought I would share this in case anyone is tempted to buy it.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jersey Identity Card from the German Occupation.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jersey Identity Card from the German Occupation.
    P
    Many

A great shame indeed Jersey34 as these are not easy to find.

Default Jersey I/D cards.

They certainly are not around like they used to be, and seeing examples that have been ruined is infuriating to say the least. I have a collection of them, and always pick them up when they come along.
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jersey Identity Card from the German Occupation.   Jersey Identity Card from the German Occupation.  

Jersey Identity Card from the German Occupation.  
    Last edited by JERSEY 34; 03-29-2017 at 05:09 PM.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    They certainly are not around like they used to be, and seeing examples that have been ruined is infuriating to say the least. I have a collection of them, and always pick them up when they come along.
    D
    You sure do have a large collection of them! How many residents were on the island during the occupation?
    Personally, I enjoy this type of item in the collection. It seems to speak across the decades about the misery and survival that was World War Two.
    Very nice!

I don't have an exact fire to hand but around 40,000 people I would say from memory, but only those over 16 had a photo i/d card. I have a samall collection of cards and this has taken nearly 40 years to collect. I started out wanting a male and a female card for each of the 12 Parishes. I am one card short of that goal, so the seach goes on.
    D

Some people....sheesh! Apparently, they didn't think it was "Nazi enough" and just Had to go ruin it with a ridiculous stamp. There should be laws against this sort of idiocy...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes rather silly
    I could understand the mentality if it were a reproduction or a fake being masqueraded as original, but an original item ruined with a fake stamp is just plane idiotic

I have a few identity cards, or at least, I thought they were identity cards but I am not sure after a closer look. Here are a few pics of one of them:

https://i.postimg.cc/135BP8Wx/IMG-8659.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/T379PTSK/IMG-8660.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/BQCpdTBc/IMG-8661.jpg

Note the wording on the rear - are these fake/souvenirs?!

snowmanjoe, what you have are printed copies taken from original identity cards. They are not the real thing but are given out to those who visit the Jersey War Tunnels. Originals are yellow in colour and the photo is stapled to the card as opposed to being pard of the card.
    Hope this helps.
    JERSEY34

Indeed
    I have a few myself I’ve kept after visiting the tunnels

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast