Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

josef burckel

Article about: I have this letter that is dated 1939 and written in deep german and signed by Josef Burckel, I don't have any info on the letter, but would like some info, and if it is worth anything, any

jessjean
    ?

Default josef burckel

I have this letter that is dated 1939 and written in deep german and signed by Josef Burckel, I don't have any info on the letter, but would like some info, and if it is worth anything, any help would be greatful thankyou jess
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture josef burckel   josef burckel  

Last edited by jessjean; 03-18-2009 at 09:50 PM. Reason: trying to up load photo

2. # ADS

jessjean
    ?

Default Re: josef burckel

I just got the letter on

Hi Jess, first off welcome to the forum!

Sadly my German is not good enough to give you a full translation. But if you type it into an online translator you can get a good idea of the content yourself.

As regards to value, I have not seen a letter from him sold before so I could only guess. My best guess would be about $75 to $100.

There is a fair amount of info about him online.

Cheers, Ade.

It is a letter send to a great deal of the people in Elzas Lotheringen to support their "uprise" (against France).
    The "frontier-people" torn between France and Germany.
    And declaring a war to come.

Michael Miller
    ?

An amazing and historically significant letter from a very important personality- who was to become Chef der Zivilverwaltung in Lothringen (Lorraine). I'd have to go a bit higher on a value estimate, as this is a one-of-a-kind piece making a very unique statement... If I had it to give, I'd hand you $300.00 for it right now (mind you, that value is just a guess; I am not a certified appraiser of documents).

~ Mike
    Axis Biographical Research
    www.geocities.com/~orion47

Hi Mike, nice to see you join the forum! Welcome!

I am glad you can give a much better idea on a possible value. (As I mentioned mine was a complete guess )

Cheers, Ade.

Tom Armstrong
    ?

Hi,

I am a new member and was referred to you by a member of the Luger Forum.

Your letyter is a Christmas Greeting "Propaganda Letter" from Nurckel to party members in his Gau.

I would be interested in purchasing it as I am also purchasing Burckel's presentation Krieghoff P-08.

You may reach me off forum at catofong @aol.com.
    Thanks
    Tom Armstrong

?

This appears to be a circular letter which has a printed signature. This vastly reduces the value to nearer Adrian's lower estimate rather than Michael's, but does not detract from the historical interest. If the signature was handwritten, the value would be nearer Michael's.
    W.