Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Kamaraden book

Article about: This is a book about the Reichskriegerbund. I could not find an explanation anywhere of what that was. It is about 80 pages, some text, mostly photos. Can someone give me an idea of what it

ML Egan
    ?

Default Kamaraden book

This is a book about the Reichskriegerbund. I could not find an explanation anywhere of what that was. It is about 80 pages, some text, mostly photos. Can someone give me an idea of what it was for? Aside from propaganda, of course.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kamaraden book   Kamaraden book  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Kamaraden book

It translates:

"Comrades a picture book by the Nationalsozialistischer Reichskriegerbund"

The Nationalsozialistischer Reichskriegerbund (NS-RKB) was the German soldiers welfare organization. Probably used as a book to show marches and parades.

Hope this helps!

ML Egan
    ?

Thanks so much. Makes sense now, early on in the book there are photos of archeology finds and what appear to be aging veterans (Franco Prussian maybe) then handsome soldiers and even some sort of rest camp where they can play. Most of the book is then current army shots. Date is 1940.

Greetings from Germany to you all. Sorry for my worst english but i try to give you some more information.
    This book was published by the NS-Reichskriegerbund as an giveaway to outstanding members.
    Page 2-3: Speech of Adolf Hitler held on Veterans Day in Kassel (a german city) 1939.
    Page 4: The first memorandum 1786 of former soldiers to built a veteran union. This Union was the cell of "Deutscher Reichskriegerbund Kyffhäuser" and later the NS-Reichskriegerbund.
    Page 10 ff: These are pictures of the Kyffhäuser-Monument built by german veterans in memoriam of Wilhelm 1. Imperator.

Quote by debbi082009 View Post
    Greetings from Germany to you all. Sorry for my worst english but i try to give you some more information.
    This book was published by the NS-Reichskriegerbund as an giveaway to outstanding members.
    Page 2-3: Speech of Adolf Hitler held on Veterans Day in Kassel (a german city) 1939.
    Page 4: The first memorandum 1786 of former soldiers to built a veteran union. This Union was the cell of "Deutscher Reichskriegerbund Kyffhäuser" and later the NS-Reichskriegerbund.
    Page 10 ff: These are pictures of the Kyffhäuser-Monument built by german veterans in memoriam of Wilhelm 1. Imperator.
    Great info debbi! Welcome to the forum

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem