Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems...

Article about: Here is something I found in the house,its a sticker album. The stickers appear to have come from packages of cigarettes. Believe it or not I actually found this very same album available on

?

Default "Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems...

Here is something I found in the house,its a sticker album. The stickers appear to have come from packages of cigarettes. Believe it or not I actually found this very same album available on at amazone.com. Its like a Meine Kampf with pictures,Hitler is very much pictured on every page...it from 1933/34

"Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems..."Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems..."Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems..."Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems..."Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems...

The reason I post this is I have 2 problems:

#1 I have a sticker that has fallen off on page 25,which is good in the way that it gives us a chance to see the back of the stickers...Should I re-apply it or leave it?

"Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems..."Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems...

#2 there seems to be a strange spot on the front page that appears to be making its way through all the other pages...does anyone have any experience with old paper...is this spreading?

"Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems..."Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems..."Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems..."Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems..."Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems...

I would appreciate anyone's opinion...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: "Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems...

Well this tread has bombed,I assume its not a popular item...I have placed acid free sheets between the affected pages. Just for interest here is the Amazone link, I just thought it was strange that it is available although from independent sellers: Kampf um's Dritte Reich: Eine Historische Bilderfolge (Battle for the Third Reich: Historical Visual Successes): Heinrich Hoffmann, Leopold von Schenkendorf: Amazon.com: Books

The Reetsma cigarette empire had close connections to the NSDAP and these cigarette picture albums very a popular way that Heinrich Hoffman's pictures of Hitler were merchandised.
    Your is a nice piece of the early years of the regime, along with the "Deutschland Erwacht!" album, as well as the "Adolf Hitler" variant, and there is a companion volume to yours of the later early years of the regime.
    These are not especially rare, but when they are complete, they are nice. The photos were sold with cigarettes. I would get interoperable mucilage or something similar and put the images back in.

Re-affixing the card which has fell out would be acceptable to me.

The brown dot is foxing I think you will find. This often affects old paper and can be fixed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It is also nice that it has its Schuber with it, that is, its box.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Re-affixing the card which has fell out would be acceptable to me.

The brown dot is foxing I think you will find. This often affects old paper and can be fixed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Wow thank you, I have just learned something really new...Foxing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I can only hope it does not spread to much,I am hoping that by adding the papers between the pages it will stop the spread...

Adrian is a man of great knowledge and our able guide.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    It is also nice that it has its Schuber with it, that is, its box.
    With out the cover i am convinced there would have been no book, the Schuber is pretty beaten up,this item seems to have been well traveled...

The boxes for these are flimsy and do not age well, but it is a nice piece. I have been collecting these since the 1960s.

"Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems..."Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems..."Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems..."Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems..."Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems..."Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems..."Kampf un's dritte Reich" with problems...Here are others of its type.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast