Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!

Article about: Hello everyone! I was at a militaria fair today and one of the items I picked up was this nice, petite photobook with some interesting but confusing things which I'd need some help on. Now t

?

Default Partially WW2 photoalbum

Hello everyone!

I was at a militaria fair today and one of the items I picked up was this nice, petite photobook with some interesting but confusing things which I'd need some help on.

Now I've settled that this is a landespolizei unit, however what boggles my mind is that in one of the three loose pictures there are 2 men with Russian military uniforms on that seem to be having a good time, the photo was printed on jan 1 1937, just after the newyears eve. But this is in 1937 Germany, they hate communists now since Hitler was now the fuhrer. Could this maybe be relatives or people the family knew that were Russian? Would this picture have been taken in Russia since they're still wearing the uniforms?

Speculation aside I'm happy with my purchase and love the item, I'd love to hear your opinions about it and hope you guys enjoy giving it a look.

(And sorry that some of the pictures were turned, at least they're not upside down )

Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!

-Bas
    Last edited by Gimmie; 09-24-2016 at 09:18 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!
    P
    Many

?

Because the pictures are a bit messy I'm going to re-post the pictures that I'm talking about in specific.

Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!Kampfzeit Landespolizei photo album!

-Bas

?

Really dont understand why these are ending up sideways! sorry

The men you are talking about are no Russians; they are wearing German police uniforms from before the nationwide standardization of Police uniforms and insignia taking place from 1936 to 1937.

Also note that these photographs cover a long period of time; the majority of the photographs are, in fact, from the post-WW2 period, namely #2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 29 and 30, all of which show early West German policemen.

The armed men in the group photo # 10 are personnel of the Bahnschutz [Railway Protection]; the uniformed men in photo # 11 are officials of the Reichsbahn [National Railways], as is the one in the last photograph.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The men you are talking about are no Russians; they are wearing German police uniforms from before the nationwide standardization of Police uniforms and insignia taking place from 1936 to 1937.

Also note that these photographs cover a long period of time; the majority of the photographs are, in fact, from the post-WW2 period, namely #2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 29 and 30, all of which show early West German policemen.

The armed men in the group photo # 10 are personnel of the Bahnschutz [Railway Protection]; the uniformed men in photo # 11 are officials of the Reichsbahn [National Railways], as is the one in the last photograph.
    Really? I thought their uniforms looked very much like the uniforms from just before 1933, I'll try and see if I can find the picture I was talking about. A bit of a dissapointment, but I like the book nonetheless, thank you verymuch for the help, HPL!

I've edited the title and left only my question in the original thread.