Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

KdF items, Wilhelm Gustloff Menu,SA Eintopf Ticket, Scrapbook Find!

Article about: I picked up a German Scrap-book that includes a great variety of items and had to share it with you...I have an appreciation for the unusual... Cheers, Glenn

i was told survivor left ship with baby and this pillow with documents and valuables. I havent said it was in the sea.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KdF items, Wilhelm Gustloff Menu,SA Eintopf Ticket, Scrapbook Find!
    P
    Many

Considering the fact that only 1 lifeboat was able to be launched for the thousands of refugees aboard, it is amazing that it would have ended up being with one of the excruciatingly few passengers aboard it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

If the proof exists, why not post it too? I think that's what the guys are wanting to see, and honestly, I don't blame them. You hear all kinds of stories about items, but I've been told over and over to buy the item and not the story. So, if you have a letter showing provenance, that's more important than the item itself until authenticity is established, especially on something that would be so unique as this where there's no other examples available to compare it to.

I've yet to understand why people withhold such proof when posting these items.

may i ask where your information about 1 life boat comes from ? whilst about 1200 were saved ? i will get this letter because i know people i bought from . I DONT HAVE IT AS FOR TODAY. I HAVENT EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT SELLING THAT AS FOR NOW.

has anybody seen any similar item like this ?

I will inform and attach copy of letter once i have it.

?

Nice stuff there Gelnn. I have been collecting KdF items on and off for several years but yet to have anything from the Gustloff. Thanks for posting.

Hummel

There are many accounts of the Gustloff sinking, but Read "Death in the Baltic: The World War II Sinking of the Wilhelm Gustloff" by Cathryn J. Prince. An interesting book. It contains material relating the 1 lifeboat. As for the 1,200+ rescued, Wiki states :German forces were able to rescue some (a total of 1,252) of the survivors from the attack: torpedo boat T-36 rescued 564 people; torpedo boat Löwe, 472; Minesweeper M387, 98; Minesweeper M375, 43; Minesweeper M341, 37; the steamer Göttingen saved 28; torpedo-recovery boat (Torpedofangboot) TF19, seven; the freighter Gotland, two; and Patrol boat (Vorpostenboot) V1703 was able to save one baby.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

5,000 lost children. Unimaginable.

?

Quote by fasol20 View Post
    has anybody seen any similar item like this ?
    Try contacting the Wilhelm Gustloff museum My website they should be able to give you more information, your pillow case was available to purchase in the gift shop aboard ship.

KdF items, Wilhelm Gustloff Menu,SA Eintopf Ticket, Scrapbook Find!

a cool grouping!! a very nive find: ) and i like your comment "I have an appreciation for the unusual..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2