Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints

Article about: Hello, This two original blueprints are in my collection, it are two blueprints of the big crematorium with annex gaschamber in KL-Auschwitz/Birkenau, the imfamous Crematoriums II & III.

peter u
    ?

Default KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints

Hello,

This two original blueprints are in my collection, it are two blueprints of the big crematorium with annex gaschamber in KL-Auschwitz/Birkenau, the imfamous Crematoriums II & III.
    This crematorium was designed in October 1941 by the "Zentral Bauleitung der Waffen SS und Polizei Auschwitz O/S" that was led by SS Sturmbannführer Karl Bischoff.
    The initial design was for a crematorium to process the mass of Red Army soldiers that would expected to die while they were detained in the POW camp of Birkenau, during the construction of these crematoriums the usage of it was changed, Birkenau wouldn't be a prisoner of war detention camp but a concentrationcamp with a focus on exterminating jews & gypsies.
    For this the underground mortuaries were changed in an undressing hall with an annex gaschamber and the corps slide that would give access to the underground mortuary would be replaced by a normal stair.

This blueprints are from the first stage of design of the crematoriums; on one of the blueprints you can see that SS Obersturmführer Walter Dejaco, the designer of the cremotrium has written "Neubearbeiten" across the ventilation system of the crematorium, the ventilation system was very important for the functioning of the crematorium ovens and the gaschamber.

Cheers,
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints   KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints  

KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints   KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints

looks genuine; suggests there are several sets of plans. I think the museum at KL Auschwitz has a set; possibly the Holocaust museum in Washington DC as well. (or, perhaps those are copies and these are the sole surviving originals?)

I too would like to know where these were obtained, purely for historical reasons of course. it appears the poster is not a part of the english-speaking world.....

grim and chilling "collectibles," to be sure!

peter u
    ?

Hi Vady,

"If original"
    - Believe me, they are the real deal.
    There multiple copies of these blueprint, they were used like every ordinary construction company uses blueprints.
    These crematoriums weren't a big secret at least 12 civilian construction companies worked on the big Auschwitz gaschambers & crematoriums.

"(or, perhaps those are copies and these are the sole surviving originals?)"
    - No, there are more copies of this set of blueprints.
    But I think mine are the only once that are in a private collection.
    In the reference book "Die Krematoreien von Auschwitz" written by JC Pressac several copies of these are used as illustrations, on them you can see the same handwritting, the handwritting of Walter Dejaco.

"grim and chilling "collectibles," to be sure!"
    - They sure are, specially because the handwritting of Walter Dejaco is on one of them, so that blue printed was really used when he and his colleagues were designing an installation to murder humans on an industrial scale.
    BTW Walter Dejaco was aquited in 1972 for his part in the holocaust, unbelievable but true.

"where did you acquire this ?"
    - From my usual source, I have a network of militaria dealers.

The provenance?
    - My estimated guess is that they came from ex DDR archives, just like most of the KL related documents that are in private collections.

"it appears the poster is not a part of the english-speaking world....."
    - Indeed, I'am Belgian.

"it really belongs in the Holocaust museum"
    If these were in a museum, they most likely wouldn't be on display for the public, at best they would use a copy of them; but kept in their archive were only researchers from a university would be able to see them.

Cheers,
    Peter

Code:
    These crematoriums weren't a big secret at least 12 civilian construction companies worked on the big Auschwitz gaschambers & crematoriums
    Also my idea. I have got a document , in French, reporting the extermination camps in Poland, dated 1944; printed in Geneve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints   KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints  

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

peter u
    ?

Being cautious is good reflex in this hobby.

P

Very interesting pieces of history , cheers Raymond

Jay
    ?

Hey Peter
    Thats one interesting item! Thank you for sharing.Jay

Ps do you have any other KZ items?

peter u
    ?

Hi Jay,

"Ps do you have any other KZ items?"
    - Yes I have.

Cheers,
    Peter

peter u
    ?

This Lager Ausweis is also in my collection.

Walter Urbanczyk designed the first crematorium & gaschamber in Auschwitz I.
    He was an engineer with a NCO SS rank before he was transfered to KL Auschwitz, he designed the crematorium in KL Buchenwald, for this he worked closely together with Kurt Prüfer from the Topf & sons cremation oven company.
    In October 1940 he brought his expertise to Auschwitz.
    No doubt that he brought the SS construction department of Auschwitz in contact with his old partner in crime, Kurt Prüfer from Topf & sons, to build the cremation ovens and gaschambers for Auschwitz.
    By the time that the big crematoriums & gaschambers were build in KL Birkenau he was promoted to SS Untersturmführer and was responsible for the raw materials department of the SS construction office in Auschwitz.

The Lager Ausweis is signed by Erich Frommhagen & the Lager Kommandant Hoess.

KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints  

Jay
    ?

Hi Peter
    Nice Ausweis! Do you know what ever happened to Walter Urbanczyk did he survive the war? Was he charged with any war crimes?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.