Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Kontrollkarte für den Auslandsbriefverkehr

Article about: Goodmorning guys, Sorry, but again I'm in need of some help. Last week I bought this Kontrollkarte für Auslandsbriefverkehr to add to my feldpost and paper items collection. I've been trying

?

Default Kontrollkarte für den Auslandsbriefverkehr

Goodmorning guys,

Sorry, but again I'm in need of some help.
    Last week I bought this Kontrollkarte für Auslandsbriefverkehr to add to my feldpost and paper items collection. I've been trying to find more info about it and what exactly it was used for, but I can't seem to find it.
    Could someone help me and tell me what it was used for? Your help is greatly appreciated as always.

P.S. The IMO nice stamp on it made me buy the Kontrollkarte.

Regards , Rik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kontrollkarte für den Auslandsbriefverkehr   Kontrollkarte für den Auslandsbriefverkehr  

Kontrollkarte für den Auslandsbriefverkehr   Kontrollkarte für den Auslandsbriefverkehr  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kontrollkarte für den Auslandsbriefverkehr
    P
    Many

The document's name roughly translates as "control card for foreign correspondence".

The text on the reverse side teils us that the card was to be presented together with an official identity card when posting letters. It could not be replaced in case of loss; a new card would only be issued if the previous card was submitted.

Clearly it was used to record all foreign correspondence by people in Germany (not just German citizens, as the text on the reverse side is multi-lingual) for security reasons.

?

Thank you for your reply, I have some more understanding about the card now. And the Dutch text on the reverse I could read, but it still wasn't clear to me. So that's why I asked.