Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine photo album

Article about: Hello all, This was offered to me in trade. Was this some sort of thing that was available to sailor's for private purchase or something? A lot if these photos appear to have been published

Interesting! The sailing ship looks to be the Gorch Fock. They may not be snap shots, but it's still quite a decent album and with a history to it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine photo album
    P
    Many

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Interesting! The sailing ship looks to be the Gorch Fock. They may not be snap shots, but it's still quite a decent album and with a history to it!
    A Google search of the photo indicates it's the sister ship of the Gorch Fock the originally named Albert Leo Schlageter, which was 23 ft longer and was fitted with more powerful engines. It still sails today, named the NRP Sagres, a tall ship/school ship of the Portuguese Navy since 1961. It sailed a circumnavigation of the world in 2010, at 35,000 miles it's longest ever voyage.

Full history here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NRP_Sagres_(1937)

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

The other training ship the Horst Wessel is still used by the USCG.

Kriegsmarine photo album

That is a beautiful album William! To me the hand made drawings and notations are something unique and well done. I would think that would add a premium to any typical photo album. Good luck with your transaction! Bob

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    A Google search of the photo indicates it's the sister ship of the Gorch Fock the originally named Albert Leo Schlageter, which was 23 ft longer and was fitted with more powerful engines. It still sails today, named the NRP Sagres, a tall ship/school ship of the Portuguese Navy since 1961. It sailed a circumnavigation of the world in 2010, at 35,000 miles it's longest ever voyage.

Full history here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NRP_Sagres_(1937)

Regards, Ned.
    Did they have any canoes ????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2