Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 Klasse mit Schwertern Document with Bodewin Keitel signature

Article about: Hi Guys, I recently acquired this KVK 2 Award Document, issued to a Soldaten Wihelm Schmitz, in Berlin 20th April 1940 & signed by Bodewin Keitel. I would say the document was printed be

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 Klasse mit Schwertern Document with Bodewin Keitel signature

Hi Guys,
    I recently acquired this KVK 2 Award Document, issued to a Soldaten Wihelm Schmitz, in Berlin 20th April 1940 & signed by Bodewin Keitel. I would say the document was printed before July 1940, as there is a neatly crossed out 'Generaloberst' & retyped Generalfeldmarshall below the printed 'von Brauchitsch', (using old stock first). The signature up close seems fluent & is near identical to others that I have seen whilst searching & if you look close enough you can see the 'pen nib' marking. To the left of the signature is the OKH stamp, on the lower part it reads Heeres Personalabteilung', is this acceptable, as others that I have seen read 'Personalamt', which has puzzled me a bit. It smells old, the texture of the paper seems right, just wondered your thoughts on the above points ?
    Kind regards
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 Klasse mit Schwertern Document with Bodewin Keitel signature   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 Klasse mit Schwertern Document with Bodewin Keitel signature  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 Klasse mit Schwertern Document with Bodewin Keitel signature   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 Klasse mit Schwertern Document with Bodewin Keitel signature  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 Klasse mit Schwertern Document with Bodewin Keitel signature  
    Last edited by Pauls1970; 06-20-2018 at 06:31 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 Klasse mit Schwertern Document with Bodewin Keitel signature
    P
    Many

Nice, I have a KVK1 award certificate that is also signed "Keitel".

Found it...

Thanks for sharing Jamie, looks nice ! There seems to be a few styles of this certificate & quite a few are dated for AH's birthday. My signature looks 'slightly' different in places, compared to yours, did wonder if the OKH stamp on mine in comparison to yours (abteilung vs amt) is acceptable ?
    Regards
    Paul