Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Lappland shield group

Article about: by fischer Nice pics mate... I like the skiing shot. How many pics came with the group? Best Regards, fischer Over 150. Take a while to sort. Stewy S

Default Re: Lappland shield group

Quote by fischer View Post
    Nice pics mate...

I like the skiing shot.

How many pics came with the group?

Best Regards, fischer
    Over 150. Take a while to sort. Stewy S

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lappland shield group
    P
    Many

?

Ok
    Why is it special?

Paul

Quote by kfssir View Post
    Ok
    Why is it special?

Paul
    I think it may be that the grave belongs to an officer of 3/Gebirgs. Regt.137 who were mountain troops that quickly undertook parachute jump training ( 2 jumps then the 3rd into action) for the reinforcement of Narvik. The men were therfore entitled to wear the Fallshirmschutzenabzeichen (des Heeres?) because of this. I think they were referred to as "The Green Devils" afterwards, but better wait for better info as this is probably not entirely correct!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

blimey Stewy are you a time lord. you popup every where.LOL

- - ------- - -

PS nice group.

?

Thumbs up

Quote by big ned View Post
    I think it may be that the grave belongs to an officer of 3/Gebirgs. Regt.137 who were mountain troops that quickly undertook parachute jump training ( 2 jumps then the 3rd into action) for the reinforcement of Narvik. The men were therfore entitled to wear the Fallshirmschutzenabzeichen (des Heeres?) because of this. I think they were referred to as "The Green Devils" afterwards, but better wait for better info as this is probably not entirely correct!
    The Gj only had ground training, their 1. jump was a combat jump. They were dropped into deep snow which negated most of the lack of training and need for previous jumps. They wore the Lw Fj Abs because the Heer badge had long since (pre war) been discontinued.
    The name "Green Devils" was an early Brit name for the Fj because of their early green jump smocks. It stuck for the rest of the war.
    Sarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2