Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Large map of Truppenubungsplaz Bergen

Article about: Hi Guys, I got this very large 1943 dated German map of the troop training area Bergen from a British Veteran who was based at Hohne Barracks in 1945. He was a motorcycle dispatch rider and

Default Large map of Truppenubungsplaz Bergen

Hi Guys, I got this very large 1943 dated German map of the troop training area Bergen from a British Veteran who was based at Hohne Barracks in 1945. He was a motorcycle dispatch rider and used this map to naviagte his way around the area. I will just show the title and one section here.

What makes the map of particular interest is one of the camps marked upon on it. A name that will always live in infamy: Belsen.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large map of Truppenubungsplaz Bergen   Large map of Truppenubungsplaz Bergen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large map of Truppenubungsplaz Bergen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Large map of Truppenubungsplaz Bergen

Ade,

That looks like the 1:25.000, I just missed one of those on ebay last month, I only have the more common 1:100000. I will post a pic of some of them you can see the camp grow between 1936 and the end of the war.

Ade,

I didn't make myself clear in the last post. The part you show is today home to 7 Brigade ' The Desert Rats' and is for the most part still intact. The KZ is about 3Km south on the road marked in green to the East of the camp you show. Depending on the date of your map will depend on the roll of the KZ as I'm sure you know it started as a RAD labour camp, then PW for the early phase of the war then as a camp for high profile Jews that would effectivley be hostages for trade for German high profile prisoners then lastly a collection point for the other KZs out on the collapsing German flanks. Tis a side of the hobby I'm constantly reminded of but it seems from what I have seen in 23 years service we as a species haven't learned much!

Hi Jock, you are correct it is the 1:25.000 (4cm = 1 km)

I would certainly like to see your map.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Jock, I will add a pic from my map of the actual KL tomorrow.

Here is a link about the camp:

The Bergen-Belsen Memorial

Cheers, Ade.

Here is a close up. You can compare this to the maps shown on the website I showed in the previous link.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large map of Truppenubungsplaz Bergen  

?

Very interesting Ade, thank you!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Ade,

I have scanned in two maps, one from the 'meldnetz' which has a low level code overprint and an early standard range map which shows the Tank barracks only half built. I am struggling with the technoligy and spelling. i'm trying to get the jpegs down to acceptable parrameteres but its not having it!!!

Ade,

Ref your map, that is so much easier to read than the 1:100000. It must be age!!

Hi Jock, if you are still have problems resizing the images I can do it for you?

I will drop you a PM with my email address. I would be really interested to see the other version.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast