Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

A last appeal to reason by Adolf Hitler"

Article about: Got this leaflet that was picked up in coventry in 1940. Dropped by the Luftwaffe before the blitz. Haven't seen many available and the only ones I can find on the net are in museums or coll

?

Default A last appeal to reason by Adolf Hitler"

Got this leaflet that was picked up in coventry in 1940. Dropped by the Luftwaffe before the blitz. Haven't seen many available and the only ones I can find on the net are in museums or collections.

Lucky find! Found it in a Royal Australian Signal Corps Journal for 1942 I picked up in a second hand bookshop.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A last appeal to reason by Adolf Hitler"   A last appeal to reason by Adolf Hitler"  

A last appeal to reason by Adolf Hitler"   A last appeal to reason by Adolf Hitler"  

A last appeal to reason by Adolf Hitler"   A last appeal to reason by Adolf Hitler"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A last appeal to reason by Adolf Hitler"
    P
    Many

Default Re: A last appeal to reason by Adolf Hitler"

That is a very nice piece of history and to think 4 months later Coventry was devastatingly bombed !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Unexpected finds like that are the best kind! Great piece of history and fairly scarce I would imagine.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Yes it was a pleasant surprise, just picked up another one on E bay, looks fair dinkum and only got it fo about AUS2.00. I dont think there are that many out there or they are not sought after, that was the only other one I found for sale, saw one that went to auction in 2009 in london for 173 pounds, so may have a little worthwhile investment here. Aparently a lot of them were picked up by the Police at the time and destroyed, or the ones that were picked up were sold for a few shillings as souvenirs to go towards war bonds. I found some news articles online from newspapers of the time that say this.

This is a nice suprise for sure! nice catch

Regards,
    Finn

rich
    ?

Dear All

I also have a copy of the propaganda broadsheet "A Last Appeal to Reason" by Adolf Hitler. This translation of his speech before the Reichstag was dropped on the night of 10/11 August 1940 in my grandfather's garden and is authenticated by him to this effect. He immediately disinfected it, fearing germ warfare! It's in good condition, no tears, slightly yellowed. Would anyone like to make me a serious offer for this famous and relatively scarce document?

rich

?

I found one on Ebay and got it for around 60 bucks. One of my most treasured possessions.

A last appeal to reason by Adolf Hitler"