Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

leibstandarte Adolf Hitler

Article about: Hope you like it

Quote by Dean View Post
    Hmm.. Possibly. Thanks for the suggestion, Jerry
    Have you guys seen more than one WB in wear at one time?
    Only on a German General, though I can't remember who. And he did because he had them from both wars whilst the SS man is too junior and too young to get away with doing it, so not another WB. It looks like a Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen to me. the only other one it might be is the ritter badge or less likely the SA sports abzeichen.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
    P
    Many

?

Interesting...this is certainly a mystery! I wonder if a Spanish wound badge is ruled out.
    I'm having trouble with the general assault badge theory. When looking at the shape, it just doesn't quite match the one in the photo. Also, it appears to be black in color.

I have asked Bill T.,our moderator here, to take a gander when he gets the chance. I also hope Mr.HPL2008 gives his respected opinion.
    Stuff like this will drive me nuts if I don't get to the bottom of it....and I don't even own this image!

Quote by Dean View Post
    Interesting...this is certainly a mystery! I wonder if a Spanish wound badge is ruled out.
    Again, too junior and possibly too young. If you had the spanish version it has been argued that you might get the higher grades in the spanish version but you never got to wear to both types at the same time.

It the Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen, I don't understand why you can't see that, it looks pretty clear to me and makes the most sense!
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Comment deleted in respect to the OP'er as it is off topic

Sure Dean, I have removed the part you object to.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 09-22-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

The badge in question can't be an Infanterie Sturmabzeichen or GAB as it's too small to be either of these, and in the case of the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, doesn't have an eagle at the top. It's actually nearly the same size as the Wound Badge above it and that, along with the hint of its cut out shape within a wreath makes me think it's probably a DRL Sports badge, as this is almost the same size as the Wound Badge.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture leibstandarte Adolf Hitler   leibstandarte Adolf Hitler  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I would say Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen as well,you can see the top of the eagle.Nice pic.

It looks to be a DRL/DRA Sports badge.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I'm leaning toward Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, too.

Look at the top. It dips down, inclines back to the top at the head, then dips down again.
    Also, look at the detailing of the border. It matches the Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, IMO.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast