Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

letter recently purchased

Article about: hi all, i have recently purchased a letter off a car boot when looking at it its says ss on the envolpe was wondering does anyone on here could translate the letter or tell me if there is an

Translation:

"Local billets, 17/5/43

Dear Luise!

Heartfelt thanks for your letter of 13/5, which I got today. I am glad to hear that you are still well. I can say the same thing for me.

I could have written in my last letter that I have doubts about your betrothal, but I did not want to disappoint you. I had let an older comrade read the letter and he told me right away: 'And you believe that?' Ah, well, even if it had been that way, I could not have done anything about it anyway.

I wrote you once that I got transferred to the tank branch, and that is were I am now, at the workshop. We are in the South of France, a marvelous spot. Today, we had over 30° heat again. As you can imagine, I go swimming every day. As for the uniform: It's a black one. I could have sent you a picture, but as long as I don't have a large one of you, I won't send you one.

That's it for today.

Very heartfelt greetings from
    Your Helmut
    "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement letter recently purchased
    P
    Many

Well done Andreas.

?

HPL2008, I take off my hat for you sir. Great job on the translation.

HPL2008
    i would like to say thank you so much for doing this it has ended a few days of wondering what was in the letter its good to see there is forums out there and people on it who love collecting and respect the past that they are willing to help and go that extra mile.
    once again i would like to thank everyone who has helped with this letter you are stars and i wish you all the best in collecting.

happy collecting

adam

?

Adam, and I, in turn, thank you for being a new member WITH MANNERS! What a refreshing change...

I hope that you will find the forum to be a consistently helpful and friendly place - there are MANY such members here.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. HPL is indeed a true asset - WRF simply would not be the same without him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3