Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

From the library of......book....

Article about: Hello everyone, Here is another cool item I got from Alexander Historical Auctions. The book show's ownership to, "Max Wünsche," SS commander, and Knights Cross of the Iron Cross w

Default From the library of......book....

Hello everyone,
    Here is another cool item I got from Alexander Historical Auctions. The book show's ownership to, "Max Wünsche," SS commander, and Knights Cross of the Iron Cross w/ Oak Leaves recipatant. Of course anyone could glue this inside any book, I'm guessing, but why pick him? Anyway, loosely translated, title means, "The Fight For The Space."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture From the library of......book....   From the library of......book....  

From the library of......book....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement From the library of......book....
    P
    Many

For those members who have not read this book, or know nothing about it, I offer this brief description. Paul Ritter’s focus is promotion of the reinstatement of Germany’s African colonies and establishing a new German colonial empire. The first edition of this book, Der Kampf um den Erdraum: Kolonien vom Altertum bis zur Gegenwart, was published in 1936. In it, he supports his theses with examples of past colonial successes and derides the “unjust” allocation of Germany’s overseas resources to European powers. He espouses the belief that colonization will provide the room the German people need to prosper and achieve their maximum potential in all forms of production, especially agricultural. He uses the former German colonies to illustrate what German Lebensraum would be like in Afrika. He also forwards his opinion that the spreading of the “superior German racial stock” around the world would be beneficial to all races. As a source for a historical study of Germany’s foreign policy under the Nazis, it is useful, but heavily laden with propaganda. This appears to be a nice clean copy with a particularly interesting bookplate. My copy is not nearly as nice as this one. Dwight

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    For those members who have not read this book, or know nothing about it, I offer this brief description. Paul Ritter’s focus is promotion of the reinstatement of Germany’s African colonies and establishing a new German colonial empire. The first edition of this book, Der Kampf um den Erdraum: Kolonien vom Altertum bis zur Gegenwart, was published in 1936. In it, he supports his theses with examples of past colonial successes and derides the “unjust” allocation of Germany’s overseas resources to European powers. He espouses the belief that colonization will provide the room the German people need to prosper and achieve their maximum potential in all forms of production, especially agricultural. He uses the former German colonies to illustrate what German Lebensraum would be like in Afrika. He also forwards his opinion that the spreading of the “superior German racial stock” around the world would be beneficial to all races. As a source for a historical study of Germany’s foreign policy under the Nazis, it is useful, but heavily laden with propaganda. This appears to be a nice clean copy with a particularly interesting bookplate. My copy is not nearly as nice as this one. Dwight
    Thank you for this explanation, I was having trouble finding this in English.

You might also be interested to know something about the author. Paul Ritter (1887-1968), was a German colonist farmer in South Africa from 1905 to 1930 when he returned to Germany, and joined the Nazi Party. He was next a reporter for the Völkischen Beobachter, the Party’s newspaper. Later he was the editor of the Deutschen Kolonialzeitung, a newspaper published by the German Colonial Society in Frankfurt a.M. In the 1930s he worked in the Kolonialpolitischen Amt, and during the war he was a war correspondent in Finland and Norway. After the war, the Soviet occupation forces banned his books in the East Zone, that included, U-Boots-Geist (Leipzig: Koehler, 1938), Unvergessenes deutsches Land! (Berlin, 1936), Der Kampf um den Erdraum (1936), Afrika spricht zu Dir (Mühlhausen; Bergwald-Verlag, 1938), and Lebensgrundlagen britischer Weltherrschaft (Munich: Eher, 1941). He died in Johannesburg, S.A. in 1968. Dwight