Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A litte invitation ......

Article about: I have a shoebox full of bits of German paperwork and "stuff " - it ranges from ration stamp sheets to immunisation certificates, death notices from newspapers, rent agreements, fe

Default Re: A litte invitation ......

Thats AMAZING - I can barely make the words out let alone read the letters ....Thanks heaps Andreas !

Now I am intrigued as to who these doktors might have been ( rote kreuz or sanitater?? ) - and company commander Dreger!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A litte invitation ......
    P
    Many

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Now I am intrigued as to who these doktors might have been ( rote kreuz or sanitater?? )
    No; Dr. Vol(l)mer is referred to as Kriegsverwaltungsabteilungschef. Roughly translated "War Administration Departmental Head", this was an administrative "rank" equivalent to an Oberst [Colonel] and used for Kriegsverwaltungsbeamte.

The Kriegsverwaltungsbeamte [= "War Administration Officials"] - later re-designated as Militärverwaltungsbeamte [= "Military Administration Officials"] - were a special group of officials in Wehrmacht service separate both from the soldiers and the regular Wehrmacht officials.

These men were career civilian administrative officials with the respective specialized qualifications who were called up for the duration of the war to serve in within the civilian- and economic administration branches of the German military governments in the occupied territories.

Thus, the doctorates of these two men were probably no medical degrees; it is more likely they were jurists, economists, polititologists, civil engineers or something along those lines.

Your knowledge and help is truly appreciated! :-)
    Thankyou again.
    Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2