MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

LKW gasgenerator

Article about: Hello, This profession would be standard in a sanitarium or does it have more sinister meaning?

Default LKW gasgenerator

Hello,

This profession would be standard in a sanitarium or does it have more sinister meaning?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LKW gasgenerator  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LKW gasgenerator
    P
    Many

Given the location name of Bad Rabka and its part in the holocaust if this inscription is genuine the it is indeed a sinister piece of history.

here are the other images that I was sent...
    This could be a replacement issued Artbeitsbuch?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LKW gasgenerator   LKW gasgenerator  

It is obviously a Polish labour book, not an item I am familiar with, but it might be worth researching its owner to see if he appears in any documentation. Is there any indication that he might have been a Polish Jew ?

I am waiting for the document to arrive, at the moment I do not have all the images to show.
    But if the holder was working inside a truck/van for the reasons we might be thinking for, then I do not believe a Jewish man would be given such a booklet yet alone be employed in such a gruesome task, I would think only Germans would be doing this "work" to avoid witnesses...but using local help could also have been done...

We shall see, but the SD etc were not aversed to getting others to do their grim jobs for them. It is a simple mundane document, but it is a small piece of holocaust history and quite chilling.

An LKW mit Gasgenerator is a wood gas-powered truck. Nothing to do with Holocaust gas vans.

Thanks HPL, that has just knocked a few noughts from the price of it and also put my mind at rest. But the owner was at least working at Bad Rabka, so perhaps he bore witness to events. We shall never know I guess.

thanks for the clarification.