Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

locations assisting in building parts for the V1 and V2?

Article about: Hi, Where these locations assisting in building parts for the V1 and V2 rockets? can this be verified? and how? have not found much info yet. Thanks, Neil.

Default locations assisting in building parts for the V1 and V2?

Hi,

Where these locations assisting in building parts for the V1 and V2 rockets? can this be verified? and how? have not found much info yet.

Thanks,

Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture locations assisting in building parts for the V1 and V2?   locations assisting in building parts for the V1 and V2?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement locations assisting in building parts for the V1 and V2?
    P
    Many

Default Re: locations assisting in building parts for the V1 and V2?

Hi Neil, have you wrote to "Opta Radio" as they are still in business under this name?

LOEWE.

Mittelwerk was of course involved with the V weapons programme:

Mittelwerk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That is, I imagine, a rare ID card. I wonder what happened to the poor guy who worked there?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Very interesting items - I've never seen an "Ausweis" in such good condition.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I wonder what happened to the poor guy who worked there?
    I was wondering too. Food for thought.

Thanks for posting.

?

Looks like a Ukrainian lastname. Ющак Владислав
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dear Don and Ade,

Thanks for the reply. Most work ausweises that I have seen where issued to foreign workers, probably forced laborers?

Thanks,
    Neil.

Hi Neil, the German war machine was heavily reliant on foreign forced workers.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi,

True, some ausweises can come in really bad shape, depending who it was issued to and were it was used. Some can come in very 'excellent' shape, probably ones issued to Germans that had good conditions and lived far from the front, and those who where deported to work for the Germans, well, I have seen such items that already resemble 'toilet paper'...another such ausweis was also in good condition, same Issuing body. All are genuine. Will add some more scans.

Thanks,
    Neil

Another great one from the past!!!

?

Interesting piece. The concentration camp Mittelbau-Dora provided workers for the Mittelwerk V-2 factory, that was located near Nordhausen. Estimated figures state approximately 20,000 inmates perished, mostly from exhaustion. Mittelbau-Dora was originally part of the Buchenwald camp system, until September 1944 when the SS decided that Mittelbau-Dora be separated from Buchenwald and fall under its own administration - with, its own group of sub-camps. Prisoners initially lived in the tunnels of the Kohnstein, until workers completed the barracks at the camp. Below is the original identity card, belonging to a Czechoslovakian survivor of the camp.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture locations assisting in building parts for the V1 and V2?   locations assisting in building parts for the V1 and V2?  

locations assisting in building parts for the V1 and V2?   locations assisting in building parts for the V1 and V2?  

Last edited by CARL; 04-11-2016 at 12:36 PM.