Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!

Article about: Hello everyone, I'm still trying to sell my collection and it's been damn hard, even if it's for chump change. I aquired this back when I was someone who more or less skimmed through things.

?

Default Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!

Hello everyone,

I'm still trying to sell my collection and it's been damn hard, even if it's for chump change.
    I aquired this back when I was someone who more or less skimmed through things. I believe I had posted this before, or it was on a different forum, I can't remember. Anyway, I'm looking for someone who's better at reading the old German handwriting than me to tell me more about the information given here in this book?

The poem of Norway, I can read. Very depressing and sombre. Especially the last lines. What I'm really trying to find more about is the information given in the book. It seems to mostly be adresses, telephone numbers, feldpost numbers and names of his comrades. I also noticed this small, drawn iron cross which I would assume to be the mans death date and location, however the location is quite small and I can't really seem to read it. (Rschaw?) There's a location on the map marked close to a place that I can find on google maps called 'Røshaug'. However I'm not certain of any of it. I hope someone can tell me more than I know about the book.

Here are the pictures.

Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!

For a more detailed look remember to click on the picture

Regards,
    Bas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!
    P
    Many

?

I'm going to go through the pictures that are turned sideways... For some reason this happens often even though I photographed them correctly.

Edit; just tried it and it doesn't work for some reason, sorry!
    Hope I don't break any rules by doing this; but I'm going to add the pictures that aren't turning out right to an Imgur album.
    Documents - Album on Imgur

Bas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!   Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!  

Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!   Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!  

Looking for some more information on this Jahrbuch!  

I think that the two double pages with the many lines and columns were used to keep track of correspondence with other people. Listed in the far left column are surnames. The vertical columns contain a succession of dates and are headed alternatingly by "ges." and "erh." (shortened further to and "g" and "e" on the next double page). My guess is that these are the abbreviations for "gesendet" [sent] and "erhalten" [received].

The place written next to the cross is "Rschew" [= Rzhev / Ржев, a city in Russia].

The single page with the dates and names next to them is clearly a list of birthdays. It includes entries for "Vater" [father] and "Mutter" [mother] born, respectively, on 30 March 1886 and 10 September 1886.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I think that the two double pages with the many lines and columns were used to keep track of correspondence with other people. Listed in the far left column are surnames. The vertical columns contain a succession of dates and are headed alternatingly by "ges." and "erh." (shortened further to and "g" and "e" on the next double page). My guess is that these are the abbreviations for "gesendet" [sent] and "erhalten" [received].

The place written next to the cross is "Rschew" [= Rzhev / Ржев, a city in Russia].

The single page with the dates and names next to them is clearly a list of birthdays. It includes entries for "Vater" [father] and "Mutter" [mother] born, respectively, on 30 March 1886 and 10 September 1886.
    Thank you for the information HPL, much appreciated!

Regards,
    Bas