Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ludwig Bauer, last RK recipient, 9. Pz. Div.

Article about: Hello Gentlemen and fellow collectors, Santa Klaus finally reached my home and brought me this nice signed photography of Leutnant Ludwig Bauer, last recipient of the Ritterkreuz for the 9.

Default Ludwig Bauer, last RK recipient, 9. Pz. Div.

Hello Gentlemen and fellow collectors,
    Santa Klaus finally reached my home and brought me this nice signed photography of Leutnant Ludwig Bauer, last recipient of the Ritterkreuz for the 9. Panzerdivision. At the end of the war, he was chef of the 1st company within Panzerregiment 33. The photo was taken in 1946 after his release from captivity. He never receives the diploma and the RK shown on the photo has been handmade by his comrades at the PoWs camp in Reims (France).
    In fact, Ludwig Bauer was not aware that he earned the RK until he went into captivity. He wears a PAB, a gold wounded badge and EK1, ribbons for the EK2 and Otfront medal.
    The next photo shows him in his Bundeswehr uniform, with 1957 awards.
    The last photo shows him 18 months ago...still in good health...
    I wish a long life to Leutnant Ludwig Bauer from Panzerregiment 33, and later Oberstleutnant with Panzer brigade 36 (Bundeswehr).
    I hope you like it...thanks to Guilhem and thanks for looking
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ludwig Bauer, last RK recipient, 9. Pz. Div.   Ludwig Bauer, last RK recipient, 9. Pz. Div.  

Ludwig Bauer, last RK recipient, 9. Pz. Div.  

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ludwig Bauer, last RK recipient, 9. Pz. Div.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ludwig Bauer, last RK recipient, 9. Pz. Div.

Thanks Phillips, great story and great pictures. I wonder where the heck he hid his uniform for the 1946 photo. I have always read that due to the denazification program they destroyed any military item they could find. Seems it would have been dangerous to get his picture taken in unform. I hope he has had a good life.

Jay

Hello Jay,
    This Feldbluse was part of his walking-out dress and was safely kept at home by his mother. I think Ludwig had a good life after the war.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Much depended on who they were captured by as to what they were allowed to keep and what was " taken " from them and also which zone the families lived in.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

A wartime photo of Ludwig Bauer signed at an OdR meeting in Germany , he is a very nice guy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ludwig Bauer, last RK recipient, 9. Pz. Div.   Ludwig Bauer, last RK recipient, 9. Pz. Div.  

The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

JPhilip & Paul E, an amazing post on Ludwig Bauer !...i recently ordered an autograph of a Ritterkrueztrager, I wanted a backdrop for a 57'er Knights cross display. I had several to choose from, being an Imperial German buff, i had no idea who to choose !....so i simply chose the most appealing and chose one signed 'Ludwig Bauer, Pz. Rgt. 33, 9. Pz. Div'. When it arrived i was pleased with my choice and decided to research Bauer, no trace in Williamsons book 'Knights of the Iron Cross' book, so i 'googled' him, imagine my surprise to find a post on him here on a forum i am a member of ! (even more impressed to find a photo of him wearing a 57' RK !) What a story, very lucky man, however i dont think i would of liked to serve along side him ! (given his record, if you know what i mean !) ...great to see he is still going strong, super gent, long my he remain in good health....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ludwig Bauer, last RK recipient, 9. Pz. Div.  

Well i'm pleased anyway !...

Quote by oradour View Post
    however i dont think i would of liked to serve along side him ! (given his record, if you know what i mean !)
    Hi Steve, what about his record?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Chris...nothing derogatory, British tongue in cheek humour, check out his "combat action" in this link.. Träger des Ritterkreuz des Eiserne Kreuz, Lt.Ludwig Bauer, Pz.Reg.33, 9.Pz.Div. (Wiener). I think luck was his middle name, unlike many of his comrades he served with !

Prost ! Steve.

I think your right Steve..."Lucky" was his middle name

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast