Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe Target map of Liverpool/Birkenhead.

Article about: Small target map of the Docks at Seaforth and Birkenhead, Wirral.. Other Targets are indicated in red. I like the Luftwaffe target maps, I missed out on a Luftwaffe navigators yellow target

Default Luftwaffe Target map of Liverpool/Birkenhead.

Small target map of the Docks at Seaforth and Birkenhead, Wirral..

Other Targets are indicated in red.

I like the Luftwaffe target maps, I missed out on a Luftwaffe navigators yellow target map of Liverpool Docks a few years ago.

Still gets to me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Target map of Liverpool/Birkenhead.   Luftwaffe Target map of Liverpool/Birkenhead.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Target map of Liverpool/Birkenhead.
    P
    Many

?

Well done. Being local, that must be of great interest.

Carl

?

Any indication of what was marked "8388"..? (the bold outlined section)

Quote by CARL View Post
    Any indication of what was marked "8388"..? (the bold outlined section)
    As far as i can make out that area is the Stanley dock!...
    Luftwaffe Target map of Liverpool/Birkenhead.
    You can see bomb damage at the far end of the building!..

?

If I remember correctly, they had an exhibition maybe ten or so years ago, in the museum at Liverpool, which focused on the Luftwaffe campaign over the city and her dock region. A large wheel from a downed bomber had been found in the muddy banks of the Mersey and was displayed, along with numerous recon pics and target maps etc, was very interesting.

Carl

The damage the Luftwaffe inflicted on Liverpool and especially the Bootle docks can still clearly be seen to this day

Quote by CARL View Post
    If I remember correctly, they had an exhibition maybe ten or so years ago, in the museum at Liverpool, which focused on the Luftwaffe campaign over the city and her dock region. A large wheel from a downed bomber had been found in the muddy banks of the Mersey and was displayed, along with numerous recon pics and target maps etc, was very interesting.

Carl
    I went to that exhibition Carl, it was ok, but, I had better stuff in my back shed..

My Grandfather was a Warden during the Blitz, and told me some great/sad stories of those terrible nights.

They had a great picture of Luftwaffe Bombers over the Mersey, done by a local artist.

Just had to have one..

I love the History of the Luftwaffe Blitz on Liverpool, so much to look into and research.

I went to see where the JU 88 crash landed in Bromborough on the Wirral, and then there's the HE 111 that crashed at Widnes.

Who can forget the horrific explosion on the kids school at Durning Road, that even Winston Churchill commented on.

Quote by Panzerheld View Post
    I love the History of the Luftwaffe Blitz on Liverpool, so much to look into and research.

I went to see where the JU 88 crash landed in Bromborough on the Wirral, and then there's the HE 111 that crashed at Widnes.

Who can forget the horrific explosion on the kids school at Durning Road, that even Winston Churchill commented on.
    My boss at work, he lives in Widnes. his brother in law has a luftwaffe flying helmet and the control stick taken from the HE 111 that crashed at Widnes

?

Investigated the Widnes He III site a few years ago - didn't expect to find much as had been well cleared at the time of the incident: He III - Werke No. 2989, G1+CP, Widnes 12th March 1941 - never seen so much rubbish on a crash site !!! - But interestingly we also found evidence of burnt out German Incendiary bombs that had been dropped on the same area at a different time.

Presently I have loaned items for a temporary exhibition at the Atkinson centre in Southport, mostly covering a Mustang which crashed at Wrightington (including the Merlin engine), but also some history and artefacts on the Liverpool Blitz, including a German flying helmet from the Ju88 that was shot down over the Ribble estuary.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast