Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Test Flight Units - Information Please

Article about: Hi Gentlemen, Last week bought a small Luftwaffe paper convolute KVK 2 Class with Swords Urkunde signed by General der Flieger - Karl Kitzinger, afraid I got bewitched looking at Luftgaukomm

?

Default Luftwaffe Test Flight Units - Information Please

Hi Gentlemen,
    Last week bought a small Luftwaffe paper convolute KVK 2 Class with Swords Urkunde signed by General der Flieger - Karl Kitzinger, afraid I got bewitched looking at Luftgaukommando Norwegen Stamp and thinking rare, rare, later I realized there were between 300 - 400000 Germans stationed in Norway with a good proportion in the Luftwaffe so its probably not so rare.
    I turned my attention to 1st October 1938 Urkunde and its unit stamp - Ln. Flugm. Rel. Komp. 11/7 which has turned out to be a bit of a mystery, I did manage to find a small amount of information, I take the stamp to be - Luftwaffe Flugmess. Relativ Kompanie 11/7 which was a test flight unit, for evaluating new aircraft models or repaired aircraft I don't know? more I've not been able to find out. Do members have any information on these units, what type of work they carried out ? or indeed the KVK document stamp any additional information would be most welcome.
    Best Wishes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Test Flight Units - Information Please   Luftwaffe Test Flight Units - Information Please  

Luftwaffe Test Flight Units - Information Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Test Flight Units - Information Please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Test Flight Units - Information Please

I actualy think this topic has ben up before in here, Don't hang me up on that, I'm also member on other forum's so I can mix it up, but somthings says me it was here.. and it was also about a test flying unit, think it raised more questions then answered, hope you get your answered

No "test flight" connection there, I'm afraid:

"Ln. Flugm. Res.*) Komp. 11/7"
    ...means...
    "Luftnachrichten Flugmelde-Reserve Kompanie 11/7"

...roughly translated "Air Signals Aircraft Reporting Reserve Company 11/7".

This was a unit responsible for tracking and reporting air activity. The Luftgaue [roughly "Air Districts", equivalent of an Army Wehrkreis] had associated Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regimenter [roughly "Air District Signals Regiments"], which had component battalion-sized "Flugmeldeabteilungen" [roughly "Aircraft Reporting Detachments"] which in turn were composed of said Flugmelde-Reservekompanien.

Thus, the unit in question was the 11th Company of Air District Signals Regiment 7. (Regimental Headquarters at Augsburg; Air District Heaquarters at Munich.)

*) The last letter in that word is a "long s", not an "l"
    Last edited by HPL2008; 04-24-2011 at 10:01 PM.

?

Hello HPL2008,
    Again thanks for your post, cleared up a few points and cast a new complexion on the Urkunde. I did manage to find the units Feldpostnummer - 36312 and the following information - Feldpoststempel 1939-1945: 36312 - 1.9.1939-1.1.1940 11. Flugmelde-Reserve-Kompanie Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 7. 28.4.1940-19.9.1940 11. Kompanie Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 7 20.2.1945 21. Kompanie Luftnachrichten-Regiment 227.
    Verwendungszeit 1.9.1939 bis 21.5.1945 (FELDPOST II.WK).
    Regards