Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

LW Ritterkreuzträger

Article about: I bought this picture today (cheap) what do you think about the stampings on the back... to me they look overly suspicious but please tell me your version Best, Jan

Jan
    ?

Default Re: LW Ritterkreuzträger

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    I see, it was the GDR.
    I think to pictures I saw in Budapest, many many and all with markings.
    You mean photo paper markings?

Jan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW Ritterkreuzträger
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

The seller is a nice chap. It´s ok for me to cancel the deal if the discussion here proves that its a fake (looks like that at the moment).

Thanks in advance

Jan

Quote by Jan View Post
    The seller is a nice chap. It´s ok for me to cancel the deal if the discussion here proves that its a fake (looks like that at the moment).

Thanks in advance

Jan
    I would wait for the photo experts to chime in, as I am certainly not one of them, though maybe Lebus or Gunny are.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hi,
    New to the forum but i have been collecting third reich photographs for some time now. Although i do not claim to be an expert i do have lots of experience through my work in interpreting photos.
    The obverse of the image seems to be granulated, and in the bottom left quarter of the photo you can see evidence suggesting it may be a scan of an original; this will also corroborate the theory and comments regarding the reverse looking" ...older than thr front", a technique used by many possible fakers.
    The stamps on the reverse are undoubtably from original stamps of WW2 period, however the ink seems to appear too bright, considering the aging of the rest of the reverse, therefore suggesting the stamps were added post WW2 (some time after in fact!!).
    Another point to consider, as already conveyed in this thread, why would there be an OKW stamp on the back of a photo portraying Luftwaffe? If the photo was taken for PR means, or to be used as an official photo in the likes of "Der ADLER" magazine the stamp would reflect the official photo unit responsible for taking the image (i have many examples of these).
    I will shut up for now as i love talking about this stuff, and i am conscious i am begining to drone on LoL. Hope this helps, all the best

?

Not all original paper has a makers stamp etc , with the stamps on this my initial impression was that it may be a press photo but on examination it clearly isn't , for me it is not a period photo !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Jan
    ?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Not all original paper has a makers stamp etc , with the stamps on this my initial impression was that it may be a press photo but on examination it clearly isn't , for me it is not a period photo !
    I agree with you guys. The deal is off and the money has been returned to me.

Thanks alot

Jan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2