Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Map of Norther Italy my grandfather used before his surrender to the Allies in 1945.

Article about: My grandfather was 1st lieutenant in the Luftwaffe commanding a "Werkstattkompanie" and spent most of 1944 until the surrender in Northern Italy. This is the map he used for naviga

Default Map of Norther Italy my grandfather used before his surrender to the Allies in 1945.

My grandfather was 1st lieutenant in the Luftwaffe commanding a "Werkstattkompanie" and spent most of 1944 until the surrender in Northern Italy. This is the map he used for navigation. It has lots of interesting anotations and also marks his positions during March 45 - April 45 until his surrender to US forces.

Link to larger version, I'll eventually scan it in high-resolution.

imgur: the simple image sharer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Map of Norther Italy my grandfather used before his surrender to the Allies in 1945.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Map of Norther Italy my grandfather used before his surrender to the Allies in 1945.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Map of Norther Italy my grandfather used before his surrender to the Allies in 1945.

Now that is cool! Even cooler is that he marked his positions. It's things like this that help carve out Unit Histories/etc etc!! Awesome piece of family history

Default Re: Map of Norther Italy my grandfather used before his surrender to the Allies in 1945.

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Now that is cool! Even cooler is that he marked his positions. It's things like this that help carve out Unit Histories/etc etc!! Awesome piece of family history
    Indeed, a wonderful piece of family history.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thai is cool! Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.