Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mein Kampf

Article about: Hello all i havnt been on here for a while but i picked up this copy of mein kampf and i have a few questions id like to ask regarding it please? I am uncertain but think its a unmarked wedd

Default Mein Kampf

Hello all i havnt been on here for a while but i picked up this copy of mein kampf and i have a few questions id like to ask regarding it please?
    I am uncertain but think its a unmarked wedding edition,
    Mein KampfMein Kampf
    Its blue leather with a marbled cover with the oak leaves and acorn aside from that first question is why would it say printed in germany when it should be deutchlands and you see the paragraph break? Why is it a star?
    I had the same copy of the book and it had the swas instead of the star
    Any help is appricated regards and thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mein Kampf
    P
    Many

Default Wedding edition Mein Kampf

i have an origional wedding edition,like your second pic,& have attatched some pics for a comparison,.where in your edition there is a star between verses,.mine also has a swastika & also on the lower part of the spine under the oak leaves it reads,.Kriegs=Ausgabe,also mine has the names of the couple written in ink in the book,.in my opinion these were meant not so much for export but sort off,.as you know the third reich was an empire therefore had conquered foreign lands,.hence this book could have been granted to a couple,.the SS officer could have been in the spanish SS with a czech wife,.& they could have lived in spain or england, "post war" if you know what i mean,if germany had won the war,& Germania was realised.,so that would explain the "printed in Germany". some porcelain & ceramics in the third reich also had made in Bavaria,Germany etc.i am sure its ok,.& im sure you wil get some more comments on this,
    i think the book your questioning is an origional,just printed differently."gesamtauflage"/"sämtlicher ausgaben" or total circulation or "printed" on mine reads 7,500.000 & i see yours is 3,550.000 so its a different edition.hence the star instead of the swastika & the different cover etc,thats my opinion anyway.

Mein KampfMein KampfMein KampfMein KampfMein KampfMein KampfMein Kampf

i hope this helps & am open for arguement on this opinion.
    cheers,
    si

also english was & is the most spoken language,.in germany after germany lost Ww1.it was taught in prussian schools & academies,universities etc,as it is today,in germany today they learn english in kindergarten,.they would not print "printed in Germany" in "portugese".as english was the most spoken & read language on earth.thats another theory.

si

?

Quote by Overthetop View Post
    also english was & is the most spoken language,.in germany after germany lost Ww1.it was taught in prussian schools & academies,universities etc,as it is today,in germany today they learn english in kindergarten,.they would not print "printed in Germany" in "portugese".as english was the most spoken & read language on earth.thats another theory.

si
    A very good observation and point !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The "Printed in Germany" note is not unusual at all. Another example from an old novel I own:

Mein Kampf

Note the "Copyright", too.

?

I stand Corrected... !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks guys i sort of thought it might be a export or foreign version or along those lines. I have another book by herman goering that says printed in germany and has the stars instead of the swas inbetween parargraphs and thought thats a bit suss considering they had the swas on the spine of the book. Cant complain tho i got thrm at a good price tho,
    Thank you guys i appricate it alot

Thanks for the pictures overthetop. Where yours has a wedding dedication is mine has been cut out. Not 100 percent but the page has cut marks left. I just found it odd that the whole book is in german but the only 3 words that were in english were printed in germany. Thanks you for your help mate