Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mein kampf book 1939, help please!

Article about: Here is a mein kampf book it is from 1939? The language it german. It is not untouched, but it is in a good condition. Is it original? And how mutch should i pay for it? (i just don't want t

The thing about this book is that it made Hitler very rich. He himself decided that all married couples should be given this book, as said above, as a wedding gift. The State then had to purchase millions of copies of this book, with the royalties going to none other than the author himself, Herr Hitler.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mein kampf book 1939, help please!
    P
    Many

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    He himself decided that all married couples should be given this book, as said above, as a wedding gift.
    We only got a cookbook from the registrar. Granted, it's more useful anyway.

JMM
    ?

Remember that the edition couples who got married received was not this one. The so called "wedding edition" ("Hochzeitsausgabe") is more "luxourious" and it costs more (in case you might want oneā€¦)

I found this online ad for a copy of Mein Kampf that is identical to the copy for which I paid $100 in all respects except that on my copy the "small soil spot" is on the front board, the board corners are not "lightly bumped," and the spine is fully intact. The ad illustrates that it is impossible to say what price one might be asked to pay for any edition of Mein Kampf. It also shows that a seller can ask any price he wants; but getting that price is another matter. Here is the ad:
    Mein Kampf by Aldof Hitler. Munich: Franz Eher Nachfolger. Very Good with no dust jacket. 1933. Hardcover. A signed copy of one of the twentieth century's most influential books. Blue boards have a gilt eagle and swastika on the front board and gilt spine lettering. Boards have lightly bumped corners and spine ends with little edge wear, with one small soil spot on rear board. Some bowing of boards. Blue-green top edge and lower edge have light scuffs. Spine cracked at frontispiece. Clean interior. The frontispiece photo with tissue guard has a facsimile signature with Hitler's original blue ink signature just below it.
    $12,000.00
    Jonas; If the copy you are considering buying is in the same or better condition than the one described above, and has a dust cover, I would say buy it. But don't pay $12,000.
    Dwight
    Attached Images Attached Images Mein kampf book 1939, help please! 

I was in Waterstones the other day, and they had a brand new copy for 8.99 sterling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2