Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Mein Kampf set in lead type

Article about: by Walkwolf ... Can you actually make a printing block from hot lead ! ? ! Or would you use existing type and set it yourself ? I can. I have quiet some different matrixes , even one type th

?

Default Re: Mein Kampf set in lead type

tough call. Just like stuka said....I wouldnt buy it just because there is no way to authenticate it. He said that anyone with the correct machinery can make the same exact one. So if it doesnt have a certificate of authenticity, I wouldnt buy it. Plus there probably arent many people in the world that could even tell u if its real or not. Cool to look at tho or if you are into this type of printing. I guess what i mean is that it truly sux that we will never know if its real or not. pretty neat anyway tho

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mein Kampf set in lead type
    P
    Many

ELMO
    ?

I'm not interested in buying it...I really don't think the owner has it for sale....I was just interested if anyone has ever heard of something like this in existence. I've searched all over the net and the only reference I found to the lead type of MK was that it had all been destroyed. I would really love to see page 742 of the compact edition of MK to compare but I can't find a copy. If someone out there has a copy, please post it. Another question I have is if something like this is so easy to fabricate, why hasn't it? Replicas have already been made of just about every single Nazi artifact one could think of.

Quote by ELMO View Post
    .... the only reference I found to the lead type of MK was that it had all been destroyed. .......
    Like I have said; thise is not BECAUSE it is about MK that the block's were "destroyed", it is just a normale procedee ....it is the way things go in the printing industry. Once an order is finished the led is melted into bars or into other printing blok's for other purpose.
    One could imagine some left over..........

... when GI's burst in to a printing studio during they way up to Berlin , just at the momment ..... new cop'ys of the MK were made....all employees had to stop theyre activity's and brought up in to captivity and then ....there they where the original printing blok's of the last MK order..........laying on the floor.....

A bad script for a film like.... Inglorious Bastard's or something like it, to my opinion.
    And when you say :
    Another question I have is if something like this is so easy to fabricate, why hasn't it? Replicas have already been made of just about every single Nazi artifact one could think of
    Most of the lino type presses still existing today are not in use anymore. Some are displayed in the entry hall of a printing factory other are stocked in dark deep shred's or what ever, missing parts and so on.
    The one's you would find in working order in Europe and the US are in museums or some times artist do still work with them, so I do imagine it would be hard to find somebody willing to make a re print of AH' MK.....
    India , Pakistan and China still have printind studio's working with old German, American, French and Enlish printing machines...
    On the other hand I don't think a lead printingblok of a MK page or other TR related document would be so popular among collectors if it doesn't bear a swastika or another TR related icon.
    Again like I said, I can make you one if you want, just pick your page (as long as the page just contains letters).
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

ELMO
    ?

Thanks to all who responded. Obviously no one has ever seen or heard of one of these before. I did my best to make a print of the first paragraph and I'm posting it now. Feel free to compare it to a copy of the compact edition of MK and come to your own conclusion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mein Kampf set in lead type  

Quote by ELMO View Post
    Thanks to all who responded. Obviously no one has ever seen or heard of one of these before. I did my best to make a print of the first paragraph and I'm posting it now. Feel free to compare it to a copy of the compact edition of MK and come to your own conclusion.
    I would sujest to wait for any conclusion!
    I like those challenges and I will try to come up with the exact similar paragraph, I am even going to try to insert the swastika in my copy.
    Thise could take some time, as it is a hobby.

cheers
    |<ris

?

my step father wore the letters off the lineotype mach after 40 years, he bought the mach. - if he was sti l lliving , he could make you many blocks of type

?

ya im not saying its NOT a rare or neat find.....just saying that its obviously kinda tough to authenticate. In this hobby, as long as the owner of the item is happy....thats all that really matters. It's obviously fun to share items, especially something as unusual as this. Stuka is right too, they are most likely not re-produced because they would cost a large sum to ship via mail and it is difficult to insert a Swastika or symbol on them. I really am interested in hearing any other information you find out about this piece...so please keep us updated if anything comes up! best of luck

ELMO
    ?

Thanks for all the input, I do appreciate everyone taking their time to reply....BUT......I think we (including myself) might have lost track of my original question which was " Is it possible that any of this linotype exists?" My reason for asking this question is because if you visit the Holocaust Museum website, they state that ALL the type for MK was destroyed/melted down to make new type for a democratic newspaper. Feel free to read that on their website yourself. My original plan of the post was to see if anyone has even heard of any of this type existing or owned by any collector...and I guess that answer is no. I will keep on searching for more info on this item, and if anything new develops I will post it. Also, if anyone on the forum finds out anything new or has further comments, please post them as I enjoy reading them.

Quote by ELMO View Post
    Th....
    BUT......I think we (including myself) might have lost track of my original question which was " Is it possible that any of this linotype exists?" .
    To me the answer is NO as these things are never kept.

cheers
    |<ris

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4