Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mix of Documents.

Article about: No idea Paul, It matches the Versions in Manfred Dorr's Nahkampfspange Photos, This Document Is Mentioned in the Book its self.

Default Re: Mix of Documents.

Yes Stew, Can see a little of what you meen, Plenty of back light and I'm sure it will Show

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mix of Documents.
    P
    Many

Quote by Justin View Post
    Hi All

I'm Guilty of registering with this Forum, And Not Really contributing. I've never been good at Multi tasking. And my partner has had me Doing DIY For what seems like a life time!

Anyway, Will make a little contribution. Here are few Docs I have. I'm sure some of you have seen these before, Firstly Many Members have Helped me out along the way. with there wealth of Knowledge and Friendship, Thank you. I mainly Collect Documents, Or Small Groups. I have a Lot of Respect for the History of what I collect and the people involved. Have a Mix of Documents. Heres a small CCC Group. Hope you like, will post some others soon.

Justin
    Hi Justin, im amazed at the great quality of Award Docs you possess-especially these that I just saw. I have one question though, do you know if this man was awarded the CCC in Gold? If so, I can now look him up in an expensive book I just got. I don't know if I more than thumbnail info on him or not though?

Would it be possible to get another shot taken of that award doc on page 2? Reason Im asking is because it came out blurry for me (and I also wear glasses ;-)) but the blurr isn't due to my eyesight--I don't think? :-D Anyway, if I can get another view of the signature, I might be able to make it out for you?

Cheers, Rootbeers and best regards to ye--H.B.1944.

Hi History,

I'm not able to post any photos at the MO, Even with Clear Scans I'm sure it will not help. Very little is known about what happened in that late stage.

Regarding If Karl Was Awarded The CCCIG Yes I would of thought so, Due to his units Combat experience in Kurland. I think when Dorr Published his Book in the mid 80's This Document was the only evidence of this Award--Page493) However I'm sure I have seen the Date of 23rd April For The official Award Date?

?

I have Viehmanns award date as 3/4/1945
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Justin View Post
    Hi History,

I'm not able to post any photos at the MO, Even with Clear Scans I'm sure it will not help. Very little is known about what happened in that late stage.

Regarding If Karl Was Awarded The CCCIG Yes I would of thought so, Due to his units Combat experience in Kurland. I think when Dorr Published his Book in the mid 80's This Document was the only evidence of this Award--Page493) However I'm sure I have seen the Date of 23rd April For The official Award Date?

Hi Justin, thanks for this extra bit. Ill look tonight in what I have and see if I can come up with some extra info. Also, I just bought Doors book and have used it as a cross-referance on a few names. His book is good and im impresssed with it. I wonder if this is just a reprinting or if he made any corrections in this book?

Anyway, i'll see if I have anything else on this guy.

?

Justin,

This doc clears up a small ambiguity as it confirms Viehmann as being 14 / Norge , i have seen some books quote him as 14 / Danmark,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Justin,

This doc clears up a small ambiguity as it confirms Viehmann as being 14 / Norge , i have seen some books quote him as 14 / Danmark,

regards

Paul
    Yes, I have seen the Danmark Quete Before, Karl Won the Award on the 3rd For Fighting on the Oder, He Did not Recieve this Award untill After the 16th. As he was turned away and asked to Prove 15 days Close Combat.

History, In 2006 He updated his Book and re Puplished it. Orignal Dorr Books Fetch a Hefty Price!

Hi Justin, thanks for this. The new version of Dorrs book is the one I just got in last week-which more than made my weekend much better. Im currently awaiting the English version of Fellgiebels book to arrive-which I think was published by the folks at Helion Books.

Quote by history-buff1944 View Post
    Hi Justin, thanks for this. The new version of Dorrs book is the one I just got in last week-which more than made my weekend much better. Im currently awaiting the English version of Fellgiebels book to arrive-which I think was published by the folks at Helion Books.
    AbeBooks Official Site - New & Used Books, New & Used Textbooks, Rare & Out of Print Books
    Hi there,this is a great site for books. I've got several out of print books from here. Totally reliable site. Stewy S

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast