Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

MUST SEE!!SS Main Office "fuhrungshauptamt" folder! value? contant? rarity?

Article about: Hey guys, This is by far my fav item. This is a'vet' bringback, I repeat a REAL vet bringback(no eyes rolling please)! Its a folder from the main ss office. The cover says something about in

?

Default Re: MUST SEE!!SS Main Office "fuhrungshauptamt" folder! value? contant? rarity?

Quote by davejb View Post
    He's trying to compare values Nick, imo this could be classed as a historically valuable document dependant on the information contained therein, it could hold details of deported or "lost families" to concentration camps and other areas,it could help in tracing others which may help any existing families re the whereabouts or fates of loved ones, also the signatories of the officers concerned may prove useful to tracing the SS identities at the time, personally i think this should be treated carefully, the information may lead to further investigation and possible prosecution of SS officers concerned, that is why it was suggested it be looked at by the Weisenthal centre, it should also be held in a bank and not at home
    IF that is the case then IMO a monetary value is irrelevant and insignificant. It has a moral value and should not be on here being valued in dollars, nickels and dimes.

The owner should provide copies of the contents to the relevant authorities and donate the original to the Holocaust museum. You cannot put a hard cash value on such a document and from a deceny point of view, this piece and it's contents should not be held in private as I believe this would be a selfish act.

(No offence intended to youthcollector)
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-22-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MUST SEE!!SS Main Office "fuhrungshauptamt" folder! value? contant? rarity?
    P
    Many

Default Re: MUST SEE!!SS Main Office "fuhrungshauptamt" folder! value? contant? rarity?

I would send photo-copies to the Wiesenthal Center, and not the original file...just my opinion.
    By the way, the title says "Record of non-christian population in the occupied territories" and is dated 17 August 1940...
    This is not all holocaust related...there is a report of the fighting around Charkov and the situation in the Kuban area...
    cheers, Glenn

I work beside the holocaust museum here in houston as much as I can. i was just curious of the cash value to compare how much i payed myself. Prior owner didnt no what he had btw. Ive tried to reach out to ushmm which is u.s holocaust memorial museum which ended with no reply. Tried putting in the houston holocaust museum but they wanted to keep it(didnt want a copy) and as for the family id be first to want to help them since I myself am jewish and lost family during the holocaust but wouldn't know how. It doesnt say wether they died, what camp or a prisioner # just if they were running, deported to another country or deported to a camp(no camp name) I plan on keeping this, would share copies but I plan on one day having a museum myself( it will be a while only 25) btw thanks bigmac thats what I meant just was over a year ago when I had it translated.

Sorry; but I have some very serious doubts.

The documents themselves may be real, but they are entirely unconnected to one another and do not add up to an actual grouping or file.

The folder itself may or may not be real, but the title of the file certainly is not:

The Kommandoamt der Allgemeinen SS dealt with such matters as leadership, organization, training and mobilization of the A-SS; it simply did not concern itself with the registration of Jews.

Also, there are several severe misspellings here: Nicht Chrischer instead of nichtchristlicher, Einwohnner instead of Einwohner and Gebiete instead of Gebieten.

?

Good point

?

Guys i've merged the threads as this could get very interesting !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

NOW THATS WHY I LOVE THIS FORUM, the amount of good hard information and researched knowledge is second to none, just imagine a book with every type of members knowledge included, it would be hundreds of volumes and many years to complete if ever

HPL2008 has already posted what i was to add after examining this file.

having worked in a capacity that dealt with files in huge quantity in intelligence, i can only confirm what he has said in that this file as constructed could not exist in the real world.

the component pages and folder may or may not be real, but the assembly is "made up". this could have been innocent as in the person originally taking the papers just grabbed handfuls of disorganized papers and shoved them into a file folder to take them out, however, i don't think even this is the case because what you have here are papers that likely would not even be held in the same building much less the same room or same file. this is because some of these papers related to troop movements would have been classified. buildings aggregating and holding classified material are under strict controls and some of the mundane papers in this file which were unclassified would very likely not be in such a building taking up space in resources. remember, it's not just a piece of paper... it's the entire chain of control and custody and specially trained personnel and security protocal. every sheet of paper which is classified has all of that with it and for this reason you would not generally find one building or file having all this stuff present at once.

i should add that classified files are HIGHLY organized and contain only reports and intelligence related very tightly to the nature of what the file is purposed to convey. this file is stamped classified as SECRET, yet it contains papers which would have been classified and papers which would not have been classified at all and as HPL2008 has said, the papers are unrelated to each other.

something else: generally classified documents would be individually stamped. what's strange is that the folder is stamped "Geheim" but none of the papers inside are stamped with any classification. we did this. i believe also the Germans would have too. if you don't, you risk a paper becoming separated from the file and no one realizing its classification and this would be a very serious security breach. a separated paper with no classification marking can just float around passing through hands which are not cleared. sort of unimaginable to me that a classified paper would not be marked. so the folder, since it is marked "SECRET" should contain papers which also are all marked.

to me, this are disparate papers collected together, post war, into a file folder. there is no doubt it is interesting... it is just not what it appears to be.

i would guess that the value would come down to the value of each component page because the assembled pages do not, in their assembled state, justify a premium. the value would be the value of each page on it's own and i would think this would be minimal from what i have read as to the content.

?

It would be interesting to learn of the exact source of the file ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

can't be sure that 'someone' didnt just grab the papers in throw them in but when i looked up fuhrungshauptamt info it said they dealt with vet pay, waffen ss, non christian research etc, just like everything in here. I know 100% though it's all original considering the source "my grandpa" This item and a star is what got me collecting. I think sometimes we are so afaird of fakes we rule items which are real out way to fast. don aktent know to much but the folder said fuhrungshauptamt.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast