Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

MUST SEE!!SS Main Office "fuhrungshauptamt" folder! value? contant? rarity?

Article about: Hey guys, This is by far my fav item. This is a'vet' bringback, I repeat a REAL vet bringback(no eyes rolling please)! Its a folder from the main ss office. The cover says something about in

Default Re: MUST SEE!!SS Main Office "fuhrungshauptamt" folder! value? contant? rarity?

yes, i don't make any comment as to originality.

and he could have grabbed papers lying around and put them into the first folder he saw.

it was hard for me to imagine how these papers could ever be in the same room or in some cases building.

BUT, you have me thinking now. it is possible he picked up papers from different locations and used this file to hold them. OR, depending on the level of chaos at the time, papers could have been just blowing around all over the place or dropped or stashed in mixed condition by Germans attempting to move volumes of papers.

this folder is great and the papers are very interesting to see and read.

they are, however, not part of a related set contained in the original folder they came in so not to say these are not highly collectible papers in some cases.

keep in mind... I am NOT saying the papers are not real. no one is.

What i AM saying is that the folder is put together and it is unlikely (absent massive chaos and disruption) that these papers were housed in the same file or room or perhaps even building.

so it is not that the papers are not real, it is that the file implies a cohesiveness and relationship between them that simply is not there.

the file is "not real" in the sense it holds documents that were never filed together.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MUST SEE!!SS Main Office "fuhrungshauptamt" folder! value? contant? rarity?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: MUST SEE!!SS Main Office "fuhrungshauptamt" folder! value? contant? rarity?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I think sometimes we are so afaird of fakes we rule items which are real out way to fast.
    We are all concerned about fakes for sure but no-one on this forum will call an item a fake simply because it seems to good to be true. There is a large number of very experienced collectors here and they don't rush in screaming fake without careful and measured analysis first.

As you can tell from the replies thus far, it appears that the documents might be real but the folder construction of contents isn't. No-one has yet said the entire lot is fake. You have had some very wise and knowledgeable people advising here and their opinion is in my eyes second to none.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Have you taken the file and documents to the Houston Holocaust centre to let their experts review them for you ? Second question have you heard of a guy called Mansal Denton ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

and i want to add... just because an item is not exactly what we thought it first was does nothing to lesson its true importance.

besides being a lot of interesting papers, this is what got you started in collecting and also a real live piece of not only world history but family history in the sense of the source being your grandfather.

it is an excellent thing.

I know 100% though it's all original considering the source "my grandpa" This item and a star is what got me collecting.
    Did you have to buy it from your Grandpa?

"i was just curious of the cash value to compare how much i payed myself. Prior owner didnt no what he had btw." post #23
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Understand. Wish I knew why they are this way but he pasted after coming home(hit by train in south texas) so will never know. It def seems to either be thrown together, or paper was left out, or something due to someone ofthe files would have more pages with it. I wish I knew an expert if this field who spoke old german.

- - Updated - -

yes took them to the houston holocaust museum, nothing! I knew more than them which is sad. No never even heard of mansal denton.

burn. got me there. felt as everyone was attacking me that I was asking about value so made up looking for value to compare what i paid

?

Understand. Wish I knew why they are this way but he pasted after coming home(hit by train in south texas) so will never know. It def seems to either be thrown together, or paper was left out, or something due to someone ofthe files would have more pages with it. I wish I knew an expert if this field who spoke old german.

- - Updated - -

yes took them to the houston holocaust museum, nothing! I knew more than them which is sad. No never even heard of mansal denton.
    Luckily we do have someone here who can read " Old German " , who has already pointed out the problems with these files allegedly coming from the same location , i'm sure they will have more to add to this !!

Burn indeed !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

youthcollector,

Regardless of the actual authenticity of the file as a whole, you may well have some nice documents within containing interesting content. What would help you, and I said this earlier, is a collection of clearer images to post here. Before you do this however, a quick word of caution...cover (a small strip of paper should suffice) any names on the documents. Failure to do so would not be advisable. I look forward to seeing more of these documents, it appears that you have some interesting items within your collection.

One more point that I would hope may be beneficial to you as a new member...

ALWAYS remember that the vast majority of forum members are here to help, and our aim as a community is to assist each other whilst contributing to a long lasting source of information. Any comments questioning the items are generally guided towards ascertaining as much information as possible, and not to imply that the item(s) on show are fake or whatever. Most members will be pleased to have the opportunity to share something with others, especially interesting or unusual items. When one does this, one does open the box a little, allowing others to look inside. Above all, thank you for sharing your items thus far, one hopes that you will continue to do so.

Regards,

Carl

?

Unfortunately when someone is caught out in a contradictory statement like this it sends red flags through peoples minds, being up front will always pay dividends, I suggest that if you wish to continue on this subject you may have to build bridges and allay peoples suspicions, which may prove a bit difficult now

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast