Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mutterkreuz regulation sheet.......

Article about: I managed to bag this interesting item today from Markus Schultze's update along with a Mutterkreuz in bronze and a packet. It cover the regulations pertaining to the award of the Mutterkreu

Default Re: Mutterkreuz regulation sheet.......

AdrianC, a very nice set, the document is the highlight for me, defining and giving perspective to the award. Not something I've ever seen.

HPL2008 really impressed by a very professional translation!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mutterkreuz regulation sheet.......
    P
    Many

?

Thank you Richard,
    I was completely unaware sheets like this existed. I don't know if there are anymore different types or versions but it is an interesting item for the collection.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank GOD they lost the war.....

I have to say thank you very very much to the original poster of this thread! I actually made an account just so I could answer.

I am currently writing my BA thesis on the Mutterkreuz, and its functions within the context of the nazi ideology. I needed three official documents from the third reich, and this was the one I was missing.

I have been looking for several months now, and sent e-mails to several authors and collectors who didnt have it. Today I was just browsing google to see if I could purchase some Mutterkreuz certificates, and this thread pops up, with an original "merkblatt" - the only document I needed. And to finish it off, another user has translated it flawlessly into English!

This is just brilliant, now I don't have to take a trip to the archive in Solingen!

Thank you very much

JMM
    ?

Make sure to share some of your work here. Guess it'd be an interesting reading

I have received some inquires about that JMM, it will be written in Norwegian, but I will try to procure an English version as well, as I think you should share knowledge like this with your peers.

JMM
    ?

Quote by Shurtugal View Post
    I have received some inquires about that JMM, it will be written in Norwegian, but I will try to procure an English version as well, as I think you should share knowledge like this with your peers.
    Very kind of you. Thank you
    As I said before, I think the MK is one of the most beautiful awards of the TR. Also it has a very deep meaning (knowing the love AH had for his mother, he probably wanted to give mothers the right place they deserved).

I concur, it is one of the best-looking awards of the Third Reich. Although Hitler had family politics close to his heart there will unfortunately not be too much room for it in my thesis, it is in my opinion a topic well qualified of being its own research subject, and it should get the attention it deserves.

My thesis will focus on the different functions of the Mutterkreuz within the context of nazi ideology. For example related to racial functions, eugenic functions and functions within the gender roles (The Mutterkreuz was worthy of the same honor as the Iron Cross, and the sacrifice the mother made by bearing children were the same sacrifice the soldier made on the battlefield).

As I said, the Mutterkreuz is a very interesting award because it is loaded with both racial and ideological meanings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2