Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My Great Grandfather, Adolf H...

Article about: Thanks for the kind words, responses, and above all the help!

Default Re: My Great Grandfather, Adolf H...

Thanks for the kind words, responses, and above all the help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Great Grandfather, Adolf H...
    P
    Many

?

I wonder if the photo was altered after the war, I would bet it was likely. Do you know what happened to him after the war? Did he survive?

My grandmother said that towards the end of the war, she was in Yugoslavia with her family as Ost-Arbeiter. My grandma was digging fox holes and tank traps. She said that at random, a column of German troops passed by and my grandma noticed her father. He was able to break away and talk to them for only a few minutes before he was forced to move on. That was the last he was seen or heard from...

If he did survive the war, I'd hope that he would try to find his family... I assume he probably fell in combat or in retreat to the Soviet onslaught.

He survived. I guarantee.

Quote by Noobkilla73 View Post
    I am not sure if I should consider that statement callous. There is no way to guarantee what happened to him. Are you implying that he didn't try to track down his family?

?

Quote by Noobkilla73 View Post
    A very strange statement.

With Joe's permission I'm interested in an explanation of that comment?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

No problem at all, Adrian. I'd like to think that noobkilla meant well, just chose his words poorly.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    A very strange statement.

With Joe's permission I'm interested in an explanation of that comment?
    I would not hold my breath waiting for an answer to that one Adrian. So far, it appears that he either does not go back and read replies to his posts, or simply chooses to ignore questions that are put forth to him.

Good luck in your quest to find info on him Joe! Sometimes even with more information to start with, more can not be found.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I will do my best to get as much information as possible. Thanks!

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I would not hold my breath waiting for an answer to that one Adrian. So far, it appears that he either does not go back and read replies to his posts, or simply chooses to ignore questions that are put forth to him.

Good luck in your quest to find info on him Joe! Sometimes even with more information to start with, more can not be found.
    Ralph.
    Copy of a post I made in the other thread:

I posted this topic on WAF. A member there (Nick G.) seems to have my Great Grandfather's picture figured out:
    A visor for Schuma troops is not the norm! but he's not Schuma anymore...He's most likely SD (based on tunic+ shirt + tabs) worked with SD/attached to SD...
    Btw SD also wore brown political color shirts on occassion as shown in portrait!
    He retained his (pointed) Schuma shoulder straps...Reason: perhaps because he was not trained as SD, not a Reichs Deutscher... so not entitled to SD shoulderboards...
    So locally recruited in Schuma and attached to/ transferred to SD, who often wore visors... This possibly explains the mix. ...
    On (temporary) assignment with SD but still Volksdeutsche Shuma member (Schutzmannshaft), based on his (pointed) Schuma straps! He could have been be a translator or local guide indeed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast