Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Mates Dad

Article about: Hi guys, just at work and my colleage bought this in to show me as he knew I collect WW2 German buckles. This is his father who's name is Franc Stefancic, he was born in 1926 in Lublana, Slo

Default Re: My Mates Dad

Chaps, what it the paper pass? Is it a rail pass or something like that? Can any German members read any of this?

Grusse

Ben
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Mates Dad
    P
    Many

He is also going to find me pics of his uncle Erwin Brisemann who was part of Erwin Rommels general staff until he was injured by shrapnel in 1942. He never returned to active service after this injury. After the war he ran a confectionary wholesalers in Stuttgart.
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Chaps, what it the paper pass? Is it a rail pass or something like that? Can any German members read any of this?
    The top part of the document (the one that is not filled out) is an overland bus pass. If properly filled out and stamped by the military replacement agency in charge, it could be used for a one-direction journey on buses, vehicles operated by the rural postal service and the bus lines operated by the National Railways. It was valid together with the carrier's call-up order.

The bottom part below the perforated line marked "(hier abtrennen)" [= "(detach here)"] says:

"Only valid as an identification document for attainment of family allowance

Mr. Stefantschitsch Franz
    (first- and family name)
    born on 24/3/1926 at Laibach
    resident at Krainburg Seelandstr. 3
    (city, street, house no., lodger with)
    has been called up for active military service starting 17/2/1944 by the undersigned military replacement agency.

[sealed]
    official stamp

[signed: illegible]
    Defense District Command Krainburg"

(Laibach and Krainburg are is the German names for, respectively, Ljubljana and Kranj in Slovenia.)

HPL, that is fantastic, my friend will be sooo pleased, this is information that he never knew about his Father, vielen dank meine freund

Grusse
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    HPL, that is fantastic, my friend will be sooo pleased, this is information that he never knew about his Father, vielen dank meine freund
    You're welcome; glad I could help!

Quote by Dean View Post
    I think the collars and cuffs were brown in the RAD
    RAD uniforms never had dark brown cuffs; you're probably thinking of police uniforms here. The collars of RAD uniforms, however, were dark brown indeed. This doesn't appear to be the case here; but it may well be simply a trick of the light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2