Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My research of my Death-card

Article about: Hello all, I have a sad death card of two brothers that after some quick reserch I thought I will post what I found. I translated it with google translate: First brother:, His name was Alois

?

Default My research of my Death-card

Hello all,
    I have a sad death card of two brothers that after some quick reserch I thought I will post what I found.
    I translated it with google translate:

First brother:,
    His name was Alois Munichsdorfner
    and he was a farmers son from waldhorn.
    He was a obergefr. in a Gren-Rgt.
    and an owner of the wounded Badge. (It does not say what type)
    which on 9 August 1944 and was wounded in the east shwer on 24 August in a hospital at the age of 21 years, gave his young life for his beloved homeland.
    :I wasent quite sure where he gave his life so I couldent do much reserch.

Second Brother:
    His name was Jakob munichsdorfner,
    It says on the first line of the second brother :to my dear husband and father, our good brother and son
    could it be that its father and son and not brother and brother int he death card?
    but then it says,:
    Farmer's son from waldhorn obergefr. limits in a rgt
    which on 23 March 1945 at Heiligenbeil (East Prussia) at eniem air attack at the age of 23, gave his life.
    : he died 3 days before the army surrenderd and where he was there was a concentration camp that 85,000 people died in the camp and the corpses were made into soap (yes... soap!) and in the city they found a german scientist where torsos and legs were found in pickled jars and buckets with a flacky substance that was later found out to be soap!

Sorry but I couldent do any better reserch and the google translate isint the best

cheers,
    pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My research of my Death-card
    P
    Many

Default Re: My research of my Death-card

Hi Pat, I know you might have shown them before, but please add the pics here as it would be useful.

The info on these cards is often very general in nature due to military security restrictions in wartime.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Here are the photos, forgot to add them.

My research of my Death-cardMy research of my Death-card

cheer,s
    pat

?

Well done Pat, thanks for showing them.

It should be possible to discover if they have known graves today.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Considering the ages of 21 an 23 respectively, they were almost certainly brothers. "Schwer" simply means "heavily or badly". So, Alois gave his young life for his beloved Homeland on August 24 in a field hospital after being badly wounded on the Eastern Front on the 9th of August. His brother Jakob sounds like he had a wife and children he left behind, but no such mention for younger brother Alois. Jakob, as you said, was killed by an air attack literally a handful of days before the war ended. Terrible tragedy, as he obviously left a much entroubled family behind him at a time when they needed him most. One wonders whatever happened to the Munichsdorfner family. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hey Pat,

Here's a link for you: Detailansicht[gid]=6ffccdc0773ec3943453076fcebf04d5

Please post these to the "Post your death cards" thread. I am fascinated by these. Thanks for posting them!

Mo