Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My translated feldposts on YouTube

Article about: I have started a new channel on YouTube a few days ago putting some of the translated feldposts in my collection in video form. These are so hard to find that I thought a few of you out ther

Default My translated feldposts on YouTube

I have started a new channel on YouTube a few days ago putting some of the translated feldposts in my collection in video form. These are so hard to find that I thought a few of you out there may enjoy reading them. Hope you enjoy.. Darren

YouTube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My translated feldposts on YouTube
    P
    Many

Excellent work!
    the letter is sensational. The music and the images very successful.
    You already have one more subscriber in your channel.
    Congratulations.

Thank you. I don't do these because they make any money. I've really enjoyed reading these in which I have over 200 now.

My translated feldposts on YouTube

Just watched your video, and I must say I really enjoyed the way you put it together. To lay the groundwork so the viewer gets an idea of the moment in history and the environment the letter is written in, well done!. Keep up the good work!

Another one of my favorites. Lots of historical references.

YouTube

And a panicked wife writes her husband 6 weeks before the wars end. Actually holding these original letters is a feeling of true history like no other. All of the books I've read about certain events come to life.

YouTube

Translated Feldpost letters certainly provide a very unique snapshot of someone's personal history. I have a series of letters from the same soldier, that Andreas was kind enough to translate for me using his innate grip of period German handwriting. Almost like the characters in a book, you find yourself becoming very attached to these individuals. You watch the war progress from the ground, rather than the top-down perspective provided by history books. You become acutely aware that behind every letter was a human being, and that statistically not all of them could have survived the war.

A very underrated - and very humbling - facet of militaria collecting.

Regards, B.B.

And I still learn from them, things I didn't know. Like a wife complaining in January of 45 that she couldn't get a permit to buy a winter coat. Bad times indeed.