Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi franked stamp?

Article about: Hi, as above, or not? or can any tell me what country it came from?

calibrav6
    ?

Default Nazi franked stamp?

Hi,
    as above, or not?
    or can any tell me what country it came from?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi franked stamp?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Nazi franked stamp?

Quote by calibrav6 View Post
    ...tell me what country it came from?
    Spain

Hi Calibrav6, welcome to the forum. Auseklis is 100% correct in saying that the inked stamp on the lower right hand portion of your stamp is indeed the Spanish coat of arms. However, the price of the stamp is 5 cts. Spain used Pesetas from 1860 to 2002, so I don't think the stamp itself is Spanish. I can vaguely make out what looks like "Prague" along the bottom in what appears to be in Latin. I couldn't magnify it enough to read the rest of the writing on the stamp. So I'm afraid the mystery continues. I think it must have been a letter mailed to Spain from somewhere, with a postage mark from Spain. Still pretty cool due to the year 1941 though.

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    However, the price of the stamp is 5 cts. Spain used Pesetas from 1860 to 2002, so I don't think the stamp itself is Spanish.
    1 Pestea = 100 CĂ©ntimos

I think it must have been a letter mailed to Spain from somewhere, with a postage mark from Spain. Still pretty cool due to the year 1941 though.
    It's no postage stamp at all. Sort of a war tax/charity lable.
    Sorry, at the moment I only have the republican volume of the cataloge listing these items.
    I just can't buy all the stuff, since I'm an expert in imperial russian philately. Costs a lot of money to purchase all the literature you need for that alone...

Muy Bien Auseklis. So it's basically a 5 cent stamp. I strained to read the text at the bottom and it does appear to be Spanish. I think the first two words are "Hocar Esquela" which translates in english as "Home Letter".

Jay

calibrav6
    ?

Intresting stuff guys, my dad got it when he was 10 in some stamps he bought at some shop.
    he allways wondered what and were its from.
    think i have a closer pic of the words somewere.
    thanks alot all.

calibrav6
    ?

might be alittle clearer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi franked stamp?  

eugine
    ?

Hi its eeugine here, just loged on to this site, i have the same stamp It reads something like "Hogar Escuella De Cortes" symbol then 1941 in black at base "la fragua de volcano.V......." cant read the rest

ASR
    ?

Spanish.

And <<la Fragua de Vulcano>> (Vulcano's Furnace) is a very well known picture by Velazquez.

Regards,