Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nazi personality autographs

Article about: Many of the well known persoanailties such as Rochus Misch and the RKT's have been corresponding with collectors etc for many years and as we have stated have now had enough , that said much

Default Nazi personality autographs

G'day all, I just wondered whether anyone has bought any autographed documents signed by the main Nazi leadership, Himmler, goebbels, goering etc.. And if so where from? I'm thinking of a Himmler autograph to have with my SS collection but am a bit concerned about forgeries, does anyone know of a reputable source for these types of documents? Cheers, Dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi personality autographs
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nazi personality autographs

Hi Dave, stuff like this is a real minefield and personally I have always avoided it. Fakes abound.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Your probably right Ade, they are not cheap either.

?

Dave, as Ade said above, this area is very dangerous. About ten years ago, I bought a postcard autographed by Hitler from one of the most respected European dealers. Despite the source, I still felt the need to get it verified and actually had it professionally checked by somebody who another dealer was in contact with. They tested the paper for age and used a very powerful microscope to examine the minute ink spatters that should have been present around the ink signature. Fortunately for me, all was well and I had indeed bought an original. Some may consider these extreme measures, but for me it was what I needed to know. Also bear in mind that almost everybody's signature changes over time. Hitler's is a great example of this. So, if you are seriously considering Third Reich personality autographs, study known original examples for the tiniest of details. And post on here before buying too of course. Good luck!

Regards,

Carl

Thanks Carl, I have been studying himmlers signature online for a few weeks but you are right, forgers are very good - they fool experts let alone someone of limited knowledge such as myself. It would be terrific to have one but I am concerned about being ripped off. I just thought someone on the forum may have been able to recommend a dealer in autographs from personal experience. If I do decide to go ahead with buying one it will definitely be after I have shown it on this great forum. Thanks again for the sound advice as always gents, cheers, Dave.

I would recommend forum member "Woske" for advice. He is experienced with this aspect of collecting.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

You're welcome Dave. I just sent you a private message regarding the dealers that I used, they are well respected.

Cheers,

Carl

?

I only collect RK and other combat veterans autographs and like Ade avoid political ones as they are so heavily faked and as such are a complete minefield !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I know a dealer who has amazing autographs from hitler,goebbels and the such, though they certainly are pricy...!
    House of History
    You might have to make an account but have a look and you will find a couple.

cheers,
    Pat

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    G'day all, I just wondered whether anyone has bought any autographed documents signed by the main Nazi leadership, Himmler, goebbels, goering etc.. And if so where from? I'm thinking of a Himmler autograph to have with my SS collection but am a bit concerned about forgeries, does anyone know of a reputable source for these types of documents? Cheers, Dave.
    If you are looking for such high profile signatures then go to the experts in this field which is FRASERS AUTOGRAPHS who are based on The Strand in London and have a great many years of experience in this area and supply autographs to museums and institutions such as The Hard Rock Cafe etc. With Frasers at least you will have a lifetime guarantee that what you have is not a fake. They have a very good website so all you need to do is go and have look and see ifg they have the signature you are looking for. They did have some Hitler signed documents last time i looked and these were not cheap at all, but depends what you have to spend. Autograph collecting particularly military ones can be a minefield and where NAZI stuff is regarded its allways best to deal with a reputable source and Frasers are just that. I have bought autographed pieces from them in the past and they are great to deal with so check em out i would. Cheers, Tim.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast