Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Neustadt "Das Buch der N.S.D.A.P."

Article about: Just got this one with this stamp on the inside cover. Would this mean that it was sold at the party offices at Neustadt or was it used at the party offices at Neustadt?

Default Neustadt "Das Buch der N.S.D.A.P."

Just got this one with this stamp on the inside cover. Would this mean that it was sold at the party offices at Neustadt or was it used at the party offices at Neustadt?
    Attached Images Attached Images Neustadt "Das Buch der N.S.D.A.P." 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Neustadt "Das Buch der N.S.D.A.P."
    P
    Many

Default Re: Neustadt "Das Buch der N.S.D.A.P."

I would say "used at", as it was and is common practice to place stamps in books as property marks, so as to avoid theft or, respectively, to identify stolen books.

I think this could be an either/or situation? I am sure both could apply?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks guy. The more I thought about it, the more that made sense. If they were selling these there there would be no reason to apply the stamp. If this was for use there then the stamp would be applyed. Thanks again. Doug

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I would say "used at", as it was and is common practice to place stamps in books as property marks, so as to avoid theft or, respectively, to identify stolen books.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    This book was the property of the cultural affairs official or library in the Kreisleitung of the NSDAP in Neustadt (don't ask me where....) The Eher Verlag of the NSDAP sold books, and book stores have different kinds of imprints, usually little, tasteful stickers that appear in the back.